Chapter 19

Copyright All Rights Reserved!

Thanks to everyone to continues to read this story! It's going to be my main focus, and I really enjoy writing it, because it has the most evolved storyline. It will be a trilogy eventually, and I have the second book planned out. CTLOH- Crossing the Line of Humanity.

!@#$%^&*()

    When we pulled up to the petting zoo in Trent's red Mustang, I immediately hopped out, and ran over to the fence. I leaned over it, and held my hand out to the nearest llama.

    "Come here, llama, llama, llama..."

    The llama only continued to chew on something, but I did get a goat's attention. He came charging towards me, and rammed his horns into the fence, knocking me off. I flew backwards and landed on my butt. I saw Trent walking towards me, his leather trenchcoat and sunglasses in place. He came over to me laughing, and helped me up off the ground. He used just enough force to make it look like he was a normal human, but that didn't keep me from noticing the difference in his strength. Not that I hadn't felt it before. I still vaguely remember the time he threatened me. I almost shuddered at the thought. Then, I remembered why I was on the ground in the first place.

    "Fricken goat!" I yelled, dusting off my backside.

    That's when the sun came out, making my eyes burn with more intensity than I had probably ever felt in my life. I shielded my eyes with my forearms, feeling a major headache coming on. Trent slipped an extra pair of sunglasses over my eyes.

    "I thought vampires burned in the sun," I said, walking back over toward the llamas.

    Trent paid the owner as I walked through the gate. Other than that, he didn't say anything. Didn't bother to answer my question. He only stared at me, as if in deep thought.

    "What?" I asked.

    "Are you faking losing your memory?" he asked.

    "Um, no. I don't even know why I would do that, or if I could. Why would you think so?"

    "It's just that you seem to ask questions that someone would ask to cover up the fact that they remembered anything," he said.

    "Everything I know, you told me. Fabian is my mate, but it's best I don't see him, because he is dangerous. You're a good friend, and you threatened me once in front of Fabian under circumstances I really don't care about... And then there's the legend and vampire nonsense, that just so happens to be true... I'm just asking the small questions because I'm not so sure I would evaluate them correctly if I tried to figure them out on my own."

    "Oh, okay. I suppose you're right..."

    "So, aren't we supposed to burn in the sun?" I repeated.

    "That's a myth, nothing more. It only kills your eyes."

    I thought about it for only a split second before deciding the llamas are probably dying to see me. So, I ran over to the nearest llama, who was pooping at the time, and hugged him around the neck.

    "Serenity, you do know that llama is-" Trent started.

    "I know..." I said, in a hushed and calm voice. "I'm tired. Weird. Wait! Pizza! I wanna go eat pizza! Can we go eat pizza?!"

    I began tugging on the collar of his shirt, acting like he was my dad, when, in fact, he was only around a year older than me. Actually, he was probably old enough to be my great great great great great great great-