Chapter 20

~Vesper~

We push through the doors laughing as Talon sulks. "I too could have done it."

"Do what?" Circe chuckles, "You have two left feet when it comes to dancing."

Talon tisks and raises his head proudly. "I'm a boss at Gangnam Style."

At that we laugh again, causing a few heads to turn. "Yeah right," MB replies sarcastically.

Talon looks at me. "If I was there I might have gotten you to dance."

"Then it was a good thing you weren't there." I stop by my locker to get my books for Algebra II with Sir Larkin. Normally, I would one of the students who would walk in late from delaying the inevitable boredom of that period. But Lance still isn't here to make things worse. So I have some catching up to do.

The hall is buzzing with students, all talking about the umbrella rain and the dance during. They enjoyed themselves thoroughly and had lots of fun video taping their friends funny dances. If Talon was there dancing, he would not only be popular in school but on the internet. For the humor at least.

MB takes out his phone and shows us  a picture of the shower on the street; front page of Crack Of Dawn Relay. A long article it is; including interviews by some of the people. All of them had a positive response.

It was fun!'- Sandra, 14

These stunts U.N.O. pull of are cool!!!'- Justin, 16

'U.N.O. really knows how to make a mystery!'- Gemma, social worker

' They are the best! My business is booming because of them!'- Mr  Bastian Moreau, cafe owner

"U.N.O is doing good, " MB comments. His wink reminds us that we are in public.

"U.N.O could probably do other stunts," Circe says, playing along.

Talon leans against the locker next to mine. "What do you think their next stunt is?"

"I don't know but U.N.O-" I open my locker and my nose immediately wrinkles up. 

"U.N.O what?" They stare at me.

I open my locker wide so that they can see. In a matter of seconds, the smell hits them.

"Is that-?" Talon's eyes open in shock.

I nod my head sadly. "Yep. It's dog poo. Wet and smelly." There it sat, right on top of my books and smeared on the walls.

"Gross." MB slightly backs away.  He turns around and gives a hard frown. "And I think I know who did this."

"YEP! I'M BACK PEOPLE! AND YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, DREADS!"

The crowd who had already gathered around, parts like the Red Sea, allowing Lance to walk through. His cold blue eyes pierces through me and I could feel my eyes prickling. The sign that in a few seconds, I will cry of humiliation in front of phone cameras ready for my downfall.

Talon's eyes harden and I see a vein twitching in his neck. Circe rests a hand on my shoulder and MB is looking at the ground shaking. No doubt they were angry.

"An early April Fools to you Dreads," Lance smiles, managing to pull of a pleasant yet mocking smile. "I hope you like it."

The crowd roars in laughter and I feel my heart beating fast against my rib cage. I'm being humiliated. Again. Things were too good for too long. I should have seen this coming; that Lance would eventually come back with vengeance. He is never going to back down. He is not stupid Swiper who stops going after the goal just because Dora tells him to. He will steal my pride and do it without blinking. Not once. I bow my head and will myself not to cry but I feel exceedingly stupid. Then I hear a punch followed by a groan.