A Valid Reason

I OWN NOTHING! EVERYTHING BELONG TO J. K. ROWLING!

Heeey everybody! I'm in a really good mood, because I got my history paper back! I needed to get at least a c to pass 10th grade, and I got an A- !!!! Sooo... I'm gonna post another chapter! I spent a lot of time thinking this chapter through, it was kinda difficult write. So please comment on your thougths, I love hearing you like my story and chapters, but it would be even better if you also commented on your thoughts, I really want to hear your opinion on my story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 17 - A Valid Reason

HARRYS POV

A week had passed since Ron and I arrived in London. We had fallen into a good rhythm during these days. We found a small apartment, which we rented from some muggles, and lived there. We got up at 7 in the morning, ate breakfast and then left for the Ministry of Magic, where we had our daily auror training. Our training usually ended around 5-ish in the afternoon, and then we left to go to St. Mungos and Hermione. We would eat supper with her every night, and we’d talk about our past and everything we’d been through together.

Hermione was getting her memory back rather quickly, even though she definitely still couldn’t remember any people. She’d get sudden flashes of information or feelings or happenings, but the people in her memory were, as she explained it, just fuzzy blobs. She remembered several conversations we had had, but she didn’t remember it was with Ron and I. In her head she had been talking to nothing or some indistinct thing, she couldn’t really explain it. The healers didn’t know why she was remembering so fast, when your memory is taken away with a spell like ‘Obliviate’ it is nearly impossible to regain it. That’s why Gilderoy Lockhart, our old teacher, was still at the hospital.

Ron and I were about to leave St. Mungos one night, after Hermione had gone to bed, when one of the healers called us over for a talk.

         “Mr Potter and Mr Weasley, I presume?” she asked. We nodded, this healer was the black-haired woman named Deena. She was the one in charge of Hermione, “Would you please join me in my office?” she continued and held a door open. I looked at Ron; he shrugged his shoulders and nodded.

         “Of course.” He said and we went inside the room. Deena closed the door behind us and then proceeded to sit down at her desk across from us.

         “I have some news about Hermione.” She said as she began to look through some papers, searching for something in particular.

         “What is it then?” I asked curiously. She opened a drawer and pulled out a thick file with Hermiones name on it.

         “We haven’t been able to figure out exactly what happened to your friend. She had no memory whatsoever when she arrived here, but slowly she’s beginning to remember. That is not usual behaviour for victims of the memory charm. So I have been looking for other reasons of memory loss.” She said whilst searching for a specific piece of paper in the file. She didn’t look at us once, “If my information is correct, then Mr Weasley here was the one to cast the spell on Miss Granger. Is this true?”

         “Yes. Unfortunately you’re right.” Ron muttered under his breath.

         “Then you should be able to tell me exactly what happened when you charmed her.” Continued Deena, “I have lots of theories, but I need to know what happened to figure out the right reason.” She pulled out a piece of paper from the file. From where I was sitting, it looked like she had scribbled so many things on it. There were both drawings and writings on the paper, and it seemed like Deena couldn’t make any sense of it. She looked as confused as ever and then finally looked up at us. “Please… enlighten me.”