Third & Fourth Year

Hey guys, okay. So now we are at the fourth year. A lot has already happened. I'm skipping very lightly over the time-traviling and Sirius Black part in third year and the Tri-Wizard Tournament  is only mentioned in the fourth year. But this is mostly because those things have absolutely NOTHING to do with the Draco/Hermione relationship.
But anyways, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter :) Please VOTE/COMMENT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3 - Third & Fourth Year

During my third year at Hogwarts, Hagrid got to be a teacher. He taught Care of Magical Creatures. For our first class he brought hippogriffs, Harry was the first one to approach one of the creatures. Not really a surprise, the boy had done so many other things, this probably wasn’t that scary to him. When Harry had gotten his first ride on Buckbeak, we were all split into pairs to work with the other hippogriffs. I was with Ron, but I kept sneaking looks towards Draco who was standing with his two goons, he had bowed to Buckbeak and was now patting it on its beak. She saw him say something, but that apparently upset the hippogriff. It rose up on its hind legs and attacked Draco. He fell to the ground screaming in agony, something stirred inside me and I wanted to run to him.

         “I’m dying!” he kept on yelling, Hagrid just shook his big head while walking calmly towards him and picked him up.

         “I need to get him away from here. Someone help me!” He yelled out loud, I snapped out of my fear for Draco and ran over to open the gate for Hagrid so he could get through, “Class dismissed!” we could hear him yell. The Slytherins gathered and eventually Pansy Parkinson followed Hagrid to look after Draco. I could feel a stinging pain in my stomach but tried to ignore it.

         “Do you think he will be okay?” I asked the boys, the looked at each other.

         “Sure. Madam Pomfrey can heal a wound like that in seconds. No worries there.” Harry said, and a sour Ron added an “Unfortunately…” under his breath.

I wanted to go visit Draco in the Hospital Wing, but I knew that Pansy probably wouldn’t leave his side while he was there, so I stayed put and occupied myself with homework.

During the next weeks I couldn’t talk to Draco, he was always with his two followers, and if he ever left them somewhere, Pansy would be hanging onto him. Every time I saw the two of them together the stinging pain in my stomach got worse. One day I overheard Ron and harry talking to Dean and Seamus, about them having spotted Draco and Pansy.

         “I can’t believe it!” the Irishman said in between laughing fits, “he was actually kissing that pug-face?” he continued, Ron and Harry smiled happily. Knowing that they were spreading this sighting fast by telling their two friends. But I ran off to my room, that pain in my stomach was worse than ever. I finally realized that it was… jealousy. How was this possible? How did I let it get so far as to get jealous over Draco kissing some pug-faced girl! I was angry with myself. I had to forget about it. Draco seemed to have forgotten all about me with Pansy around. I heard a knock on my door and sat up quickly. Ginny opened the door and peaked in at me. I smiled at her as she walked into my room.

         “What’s wrong Hermione?” she asked, I smiled and wiped my eyes. I let out a little laugh because I knew what a stupid thing this was to cry over.

         “Nothing.” I said happily, “Just a little homesick I guess.” I lied. Ginny looked at me for a while, suspicious. But then she just shrugged and smiled at me.