Chapter 12

I'm not really sure what happened the other day. How exactly that I got into this but suddenly me and Lana were a couple. Everyone knew about us even "them". Most of the other girls didn't like it and kept their distance, but we didn't mind. "They" however we're furious.

"Good morning, sweet heart," Lana said softly.

She was rubbing my back and honestly I think that's the best way to be woken up. A smile broke across my face and I just continued to lay there. Soon, however, Lana took notice of this and stopped rubbing me back causing me to scowl at her.

She continued to smile, "Come on, you're going to be late."

After sitting up I threw my arms around her in a big hug.

"I couldn't ever be late as long as I have you waking me up," I whisper in her ear.

I could hear and feel her giggle as she squeezed me back.

After a minute I let her go and got up to get ready for the day. I quickly got dressed into the somewhat modest clothes that had been laid out on the end of my bed. They're different today and that confuses me for a minute but I don't hesitate long before putting on the white jeans and tank top.

"I wonder what they have planned for us today," Lana came over to where I was affecting getting dressed.

"I have no idea but I guess we'll find out," I smile encouragingly at her before taking her hand and leading her into the breakfast hall.

We sit at our own table with some muffins and a banana. We don't really talk much as we eat but it doesn't seem to bother either of us so I don't even try to make small talk. Suddenly Scruffy was at out table.

"Hey, Jack. How are you this morning?" Lana asks.

"The boss would like to see you two," I replies before turning to stalk out of the room.

Lana looks at me nervously but all I do is shrug. I have no idea what "they" would want to talk to us about. Unless....

"You don't think it's because we're going out now do you?" Lana asks exactly what I'm thinking.

"Maybe, or perhaps we're getting promoted," I smirk, trying to keep light of the situation.

Lana just snorts and gets up to throw her trash away. I follow her to the bin to throw my trash away as well before I grab her hand to start walking to the leader's office.

Gruffy if waiting outside of the door for us and when we arrive he knocks sharply on the door before letting us in.

"Good morning girls," the leader turns around to face us and I can feel Lana tighten her grip.

"My name is Chase, please have a seat," he beckons to a couple chairs in front of his desk.

As we move to take the seats he notices our untwined fingers and frowns.

"I'm sorry, sir, but are we in some sort of trouble?" I ask as I slowly sit down.

"Hmm, I suppose you could say that you're in some sort of trouble," he says with a smile.

"Nothing big of course," he adds quickly when he sees Lana's pale face.

"We are well aware of your new....umm....acquaintance.."

I smirk at his use of words and put my arm around Lana.

He flinches.

"Yes?" I ask him, innocently.

"Well, you see ,my dears, it's making the other girls nervous and we must keep all of our employees happy. It also makes our clients nervous. So if you don't mind, keeping your relationships strictly business while on duty."