Chapter Nine

Raven:

Show me how to kill" he said and after those words left his trembling lips there was no wasting time. Three days could go by an instant and she would be damned if she didn't take the opportunity show him everything he needed to know.

She left him for a minute to return to the house to fetch the key for his chains from Jax who was lounging on the bed staring at the ceiling. She barged in without knocking then stared at him; something was on his mind but now was not the time for his problems.

"Come here to kill me?" he asked sarcastically sitting up and rubbing the bruise on his cheek that was already fading away. Her cheek was still throbbing but she easily ignored it.

"No I came to get the keys and tell you to get off your ass because Hunter wants to learn how to kill" she smiled in triumph and he blinked taken aback.

"Your lying?"

"Nope so give me the damn key, get Billy and let's get to teaching we're wasting time" she said then waited for him to get over his apparent shock. After a few minutes he did, walking over to the dresser, pulling out the key then tossing it over to her. She caught it and quickly rushed out excited to get back to Hunter who was in for his first lesson in killing.

***************************

Hunter:

When Raven disappeared from the shack he instantly began regretting his own words. He wouldn't be able to do it but he was willing to try at least for her sake because in the end if he couldn't do it then at least he wouldn't have to live with the knowledge of having killed someone with his own hands. He swallowed the dry salvia in his mouth as he waited nerve wrenchingly for Raven to return.

When she did, she undid the chains and touched a hand to his face. She wiped away some of the dried blood that clung to his cracked lips then put it to her mouth. His eyes went wide as she sucked on her bloody finger and it was strangely...erotic for him to watch. He watched her plush pink lips wrap around her slender pale finger. She let out a shaky moan that was followed by a quiver which made his eyes go wider. She caught him staring and blushing he cast his eyes to the floor in embarrassment. He had felt something that was completely foreign to him...lust maybe?

The door creaked open as Jax and Billy entered and Jax tossed him a shirt. He caught it then hurried to remove the blood stained shirt for the clean black t-shirt. He was thankful for the shirt but he secretly wished he would have brought him clean pants because his were also stained from being shoved onto the blood covered floor but he remained quiet.

"Welcome to killing 101" Jax said with an amused smirk.

"Your first lesson is the basics, daggers or in this case, knives" Jax said walking past him and grabbing a duffel bag which was full of different types of knives. Some were stained with dried blood, others rusted, while others looked brand new. He cringed inside at the sight but managed to hide it very well. Jax motioned him to come closer, he cast a worried glance at Raven who motioned him with a gentle smile to get closer so he did.

"The difference between a knife and a dagger all depends on weight. The smaller the knife the easier to throw, but it won't cause as much damage. The larger the knife is likely to kill, but throwing would mean using more weight then you could always miss. Daggers are easier because most are usually weightless but in this situation we like to use knives" he picked up one of the knives, inspected it then put it back into the bag.

"Pick the knife you want to learn with then if you become skilled we'll get you a better one"

Hunter gazed over the many weapons which had likely been used to kill many and for a minute he thought he would vomit yet he strongly held it back. His eyes wandered over the knives hesitatingly for a few more minutes until one caught his attention. There was something strangely different about it; it stood with a jagged sharp point with a design carved into the handle. He reached out timidly, picked it up, and twirled it between his fingers. It was much lighter than he thought it would be but he had never held a knife with the intention of killing someone.