Chapter Five

Raven:

Knowing Hunter would be timid in coming to her place she didn't give him a chance to answer as she hopped off the hood and climbed into the car. He immediately followed behind her, getting in the passenger seat and buckling the seatbelt as she drove back in the direction they came. He was coming to her house whether he wanted too or not but he wasn't coming to meet Jax....just yet. Truthfully the reason she wanted him to come over was because honestly she wanted him to stay near her.

"Raven....as much as I would love to go to your house..my dad....he would get really mad" he said nervously.

"I wouldn't worry about your father" she said unemotionally as she continued driving.

"But...Raven...I-"

"Hunter your coming to my house and that's final!" She cut him off exhaling angrily "I don't want you to be concerned with your father because he won't touch you as long as I'm around".

"I'm not worried about me. I'm worried about you!" he said loudly making her slam down on the breaks. She gawked at him in confusion and surprise; what did he mean he was worried about her?

"Your worried about me? Why?" She questioned suspiciously.

"Because...Because" he exhaled then rushed out the words "Because I really like you a lot. I don't care if my father hurts me but if he ever were to hurt you I wouldn't be able to stand it. My father is really abusive and is managed to alienate everyone I use to know....but you are the one person I don't want to lose" he admitted making her go wide eyed. Her heart sped wildly in her chest at the tiny confession. She had to control the rush of emotions that was going through her as she started the car back up in the direction of her house.

"Like I said I wouldn't be concerned about your father" she told him. Her voice wavered a little still unhinged by his confession. Hunter was definitely more than meets the eye; he was a keeper.

************************

Before they entered the house she checked to make sure that no one was around to hear them. It was about twelve thirty am so hopefully everyone was asleep. Likely if Jax or father had brought a victim home, they were bound and gagged so they wouldn't be a problem at least for the rest of the night. She knew for a fact that Hunters father wouldn't be a problem. She motioned Hunter to follow her up the stairs and into bedroom. Of course he was hesitant and shy to come into her bedroom but he entered at her request.

"This is my bedroom. You like?"

"Yes it's much bigger and neater than mine. Mine is kinda cramped with a tiny bed it can be uncomfortable at times" he murmured softly and her anger flared. If Hunter wasn't standing before her she would take an ax go downstairs and kill the bastard he called his father but she wouldn't. She wanted to save that right for Hunter when he was ready.

"Hunter undress and get in the bed" she said as she headed toward her closet to pull out a sleep shirt but out of the corner of her eye she noticed he was still standing by the door looking petrified.

"What's wrong?"

"Are we going to....to you know....have sex?" He asked making her laugh as she began to undress and change into the sleep shirt. When she was done she tossed her clothes in the closet then climbed into the bed.

"No Hunter were not going to have sex at least not now but we are going too" she told him and he nodded removing his shirt and pants leaving him in plaid boxers. She was surprised by the fact that he was more muscular than he appeared with clothes. He skin was tanned much like his brothers meaning it was natural. He brushed his hair back with his fingers as he climbed in next to her. She gently smoothed her fingers against his cheek before removing his glasses and setting them on the nightstand. She touched his face again admiring the softness of his skin and hair; he wasn't much of looker but he was appealing and with the right makeover he would become irresistible to anyone that came into contact with him.