Six

Kenzie

Maddie doesn't come into dance until late afternoon. Even when she does come in, she avoids everyone. I watch her, judging as she sits on a bench and tucks her knees into her chest. 

Okay, this so ridiculous. I turn and see that Marduk is looking at her, a look of false concern shadowing over his eyes. He turns and looks at me, holding his gaze. My face heats up. 

This guy isn't even doing anything, and I'm getting jittery. Of course, I act causal. I roll my eyes in Maddies direction and go back to working on my solo. 

But still, I watch Maddie. She looks so depressed as she stretches her leg into the air. She looks at me, and I shoot her a dirty look. 

I stop and watch as Marduk walks over to her. But he's not walking calmly. He's angry. 

He pulls Maddie outside. Something inside me wants to stop it, but my solo and my heart say otherwise. I continue working. 

The day goes by really fast, and Maddie and I are getting ready to leave when Mom goes:

"Girls, you're going to be staying at Marduks tonight." 

Marduk is rich as fuck. His house is filled with wonderful modern decorations, and there's a fountain in the middle of the main hall. I look around and poke Maddie. 

"Look!" I whisper to her. Maddie shrugs. 

"Okay," Marduk says. "Here's the guest rooms." There was a whole hallway of about five guest rooms. "Feel free to take whatever one you want." 

Maddie slowly walks towards one of the first rooms. She shuts the door quietly. 

"So!" I say, clapping my hands. "How did you get all this money?" 

Marduks face flushes, which I've never seen before. He looks at me, then quickly walks into the kitchen. 

"That's, uh..." he says in the kitchen as I walk in. His voice trails off. "That's kind of an inappropriate question to ask your dance choreographer." 

I look at the table. It's made out of fancy marble. I run my hand over it and nod. "Sorry."

"It's alright, doll," he says, returning to his normal self. "Could you get Maddie and tell her that I need a huge favor?" 

"I can do it!" I say, smirking. Marduk smiles and cocks an eyebrow. 

"Okay," he says, smiling. "I need you to do these dishes."

Oh, God. 

Not dishes. 

"Uh," I say, sitting on a counter stool, "I think Maddie can do it." Marduk chuckles. 

Maddie comes into the room. "I heard my name?" She asks. Marduk nods in her direction.

"Yes," he says. "Can you please do the dishes for me? It would mean a whole lot." 

God, I love his accent. It's so amazing. I look over at Maddie. She's staring at him, anger in eyes brighter than the sun. She looks at me, smiles. 

She stomps over to Marduk, and with no hesitation, bitch slaps him across the face.

-
-
-

A/n: Maddie is a salty fucker isn't she? Anyway, next chapter will be interesting. Okay, that's all I have to write today. See you babes! ❣️😊