13. Tender

chapter thirteen || tender
Taylah's POV

A breath of air passed my moist, parted lips as I inhaled the fresh scent of the woods. I stood upon the balcony of my room and stared down at the large trees where I could see the men fighting, training. The women trained during the evening while the men took the morning time. My eyes immediately drew to my muscular mate who was fighting against the Gamma, Laken. He stood tall, his large muscles bulging as he leapt forward and struck at Laken, his movements so fast that the poor Gamma had no time to dodge and took a fierce crack against the jaw.

I winced when I saw Laken grab his jaw as Adrianno growled and spoke words that I could not hear. Laken rolled his eyes and out of no where, advanced towards my beautiful mate who dodged the punch thrown at him and crouched down, swinging out his left leg and swiping Laken's feet from under him, successfully knocking him down to the ground within seconds.

I smiled at my strong mate and my wolf yipped happily at her mate's strength and masculinity. Adrianno stood up and yanked Laken up with him, who was grumbling unhappily. Laken shook his head and walked inside, still grumbling to himself.

"Hi," a soft voice spoke from behind me.

I spun around to face Aiden who stared back at me with his pale eyes.

"Hey," I beamed at him.

Ever since I met him a couple days ago, we have hung out practically every hour of every day and have become so close. Besides Eden, I consider him one of my closest friends here.

"I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, I was bored," he whispered shyly, averting his gaze to the ground.

"You're not bothering me, Aiden," I scoffed. "I like hanging out with you!"

His head snapped up at my words and a smile bloomed across his face.

"Okay!" He giggled softly.

"So," I drawled out. "What do you want t-"

My words were cut off by my door slamming open, causing both Aiden and I to jump in fright. I glanced at the door where a sheepish Laken stood and laughed softly as Aiden sent me a questioning look. Laken took long strides through my room and came on to the balcony.

"Alpha Adrianno wanted me to tell you that-," he abruptly stopped his sentence as his eyes flashed a glowing amber. He sniffed around, as his eyes scanned the small area and once his eyes settled on a shaking Aiden, he snarled.

"Mine."

Aiden squeaked and took a few steps back until he stood behind me.

"No," Laken growled as he stalked towards me. "Mine."

"Aiden!" I hissed, stepping away from him. "He's your mate! He won't hurt you."

"I-uh, eep!" He squeaked as Laken wrapped his arms around him and tugged him to his chest. Laken's face automatically burrowed into Aiden's neck as he sniffed his mate with a soft smile.

"Hi, mate," Laken whispered huskily.

"Hi," Aiden shyly whispered, burrowing his face into Laken's chest cautiously.

I awed at the new couple, causing Aiden's cheeks to burn a bright red and Laken's lips to lift upwards into a smirk.

I giggled at Aiden and made kissy faces at him whilst he stuck his tongue out at me before snuggling further into Laken's chest. Laken smiled into Aiden's hair before he pulled away slowly.