The New Boy

BEEP!  BEEP! BEEP!

 My alarm blared. I hit the off button as I woke to another day of torture or some people called it school. Like every day I got up and went on with my usual routine.

Hey I'm Aliana Goodworth. Long black hair and blue eye's combo. Yes I'm a nerd. A plus student. Always has been always will be.

I went downstairs to eat breakfast before I leave. My parents were already at work, both lawyers. I went to the fridge to get milk. Getting a bowl and pouring milk I went to the pantry to my favorite cereal Coco Puffs. Through the middle of my breakfast I checked the time and all to soon I had to go.

I grabbed my car keys of the wall and went my Mercedes. I went to pick up my best friend Nicolle Everard or as I like to call her Nikki. I walked up to her 2 story brick house and rang the doorbell. Nikki opened up.

“Nikki”!

“Ali”!

As we walked back she told me all about her new fanfic; vampire romance. Oh yea major myth lover. We got in the car. With her blond hair and blue eyes and a figure to die for. Also athletic. She should've been popular. Should've. She shy adding to stage fight. She got the voice of the angel when she sings. We've been friends since our parents pushed us to play dates and forced us to interact.

“So what's new?” Nikki asked

“You know same old same old" I replied

I pulled up to Horn Lake High School. We walked and I was instantly greeted by my other friend Skylar who's gay and always has the latest and juiciest gossip. Nikki walked off to her locker.

“Hey Sky what's new?”

“Did you hear about the new kid?

“Um no”

“Total hottie and mysterious”

“ Sky you know he's outta my league”

The warning bell rang to warn us that we only have 4 minutes left. “Bye Sky gotta go” I said, but he was already walking off hurrying to class. I had Ms.Vendenoff first period English. Old hag and scary as hell. Nobody wants to be late for her class. Instant detention.

Just as the last bell rang I made it to my seat “Yes” I whispered in victory but to no one in particular. The classroom was loud and active unusual on the first day of school. Probably talking about the new kid since nobody comes to Monroe Stonefield.

“Hey Aliana where did you get you haircut, from Petsmart?” Rosemary Mae or AKA "The Bitch Queen" I called her. Her and her evil minions started giggling like maniacs as they walked back to their desks. Ignore. Then the door to the classroom opened and walked in a boy or if you can call him that. The class quieted down almost instantly. He had golden hair and brightest bluest eyes I've ever seen. His had sun kissed olive skin. He was obviously fit and had muscles but not bulging, so that means he's not on steroids. Also adding to all that he tall about '7 while I was 5'4. He had this mysterious and dangerous aurora around him. He probably was a jerk since all hot guys were. He walked over to the teacher who was standing in front of the classroom and gave her his schedule. That's when the gossiping started.

“Quiet down class!” yelled Ms.Vendenoff in her raspy voice. The class quieted down but there was still whispers. “Now I would like to introduce- she peered into the paper- Devin Silas”. She looks around for an empty seat which happens to be the desk next to me since I have no friends in this class. She told him where to sit and he started walking towards me- unusually gracefully for such a masculine guy- in the back. He sat down next to me while all the girls was looking at me in envy as the guys were looking at him same. “So today we are learning about War World One....” I blocked her out I didn't like English very much.

I was in my own little world daydreaming about what it would be like to be the principle and tell everybody what to do when I felt a nudge on my side. I glared at the suspect. Why did he interrupt my daydreaming? He pointed at Ms.Vendenoff who was looking at me expectantly. “Um can you repeat that?” I asked since I have no clue about what she was talking about. “When was the World War 1 started?” She asked me. “Um..” I racked my brain for the answer but couldn't find it. Devin whispered to me “June 28, 1914”. I repeated that to the old lady. She seemed pleased and went back to the board to continue where she left of.

I looked at Devin “Thanks” “No problem just helping out you looked like you didn't know the answer” he replied. I blushed, I put my head down my long black hair covering my face. “Can you help find my next class?” He asked me. He's asking me?? With all the girls he could ask in here he's asking me?! I said with as much calm as I could “Sure, just let me see your schedule”. I looked at his schedule which was surprisingly similar to mine. “Next class you have it with me, as with all the classes so I could show you all your classes” I said to him. “Sure I would like that” He replied accepting my offer. "Oh, and I'm Aliana" "Nice to meet you Aliana"

The bell rang singling for the next class. We had 4 minutes in between classes. I gathered up my stuff ready to go when Rosemary came up to us. “Heeey Devin” She said dragging the e in a sweet syrupy tone, twirling her platinum blonde hair. Devin looked up at her. “Oh... Um... Hey and you are?”

“Oh silly me I'm Rosemary Mae, but people just call me Rose cause I'm sweet like that” Oh God kill me now. “ Oh look at the time we must get going if we don't want to be late and we don't want to happen on your first day, now don't we?” I said getting up and pulling him up with me walking away from her as fast as possible. When we were out in the hallway everybody got quiet. While we were walking there were stares and whispers around us.  I can already tell this is going to be a long day.

***

Aliana On The Side -->