A Little More Like Home

I walked into the Grifindore common rooms and there was a bunch of people staring at me. I held my one suitcase, my eyes were red and puffy from crying, and I didn't have robes on account of I wasn't sorted into my house yet. "Where are the girl's commons?'' I asked everyone. A few girls pointed to the right hallway of stares. I dipped my head a bit and walked up them. When I left the room, that was as silent as the grave, was loud with whispers. I ignored them and went to find an empty bed.

              When I had located the last spare I unpacked my things, well what little things I had, and went back down to the commons with my book Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger. Dumbledor had given me all the things I needed for school. The robes were a little out dated but I didn't complain, I loved them. They weren't house robes though. I sat down on an empty couch, propped my feet up on the small table, and flipped through the pages. Some guy with black hair, glasses, and a wicked scar was glaring at me. "What the hell are you looking at goggles?'' I growled, my eyes turning black.

              This got his two other friends attention. "Your his daughter." he spat at me. I grinned. Everyone else was confused. Well they would find out sooner or later. "Yes it is I. Daughter of the famous mass murderer Sirius Black. I am Cira Amara Black." I stated dramatically and sarcastically. Everyone gasped. "C?'' a girl asked from the corner and my head snapped to her. A grin stretched across my face. "Maggs!" I exclaimed, throwing down my book, and she ran into me hugging me. "Maggs....can't...breath." I choked out.

              Then two more bodies were thrown around us. "C! My God, I can't believe it!'' Andrea and Adona yelled at the same time, that's twins for ya. We all sat down, not caring that everyone ,even the scar boy, was listening to our conversation. "What are you doing here? Tell us everything!'' Maggie demanded. I sighed. "Do you want the long version or the cliff note version?'' I asked them. "Long version." they all said at the same time. "To damn bad, your getting the short version. "I said, grinning.

                "Well you guys no the part of how me and my family were convicted of murder. The Ministry sent dementors to my house. About twelve of them," I told them, goose bumps rose on my flesh, " My dad did the best to fend them off but it didn't work. My mom's wand was in the kitchen and the dementors were blocking the door, my Patronus wasn't strong enough. My dad threw me and my mom into the corner but they eventually got around him. My mom got the dementor's kiss and is now at St. Mungos. My dad was dragged to Azkaban and his last spell was to transport me to the streets of London. I was squatting at empty apartments for a whole year before Dumbledor sent his guys to retrieve me. We fought for a while but two on one really sucks, especially when one of the guys is like forty years old. They knocked me out and drug me back here. And tada! Here I am." I told them, summoning an entire year, leaving out a few bits, in a few minutes.

              "I heard you were carried in by Cedric Diggory." Adona gossips like crazy. I rolled my eyes. "Give me the deats." I told her and she squealed with excitement, she loved every chance she got to gossip. Especially about boys. "He is the hottest boy in Huffelpuff, if not the entire school! He became a Prefect his first year. He is Captin and Seeker of his house team!" she gave me the entire run down. Adona was definitely the go to person for gossip. "You sound like a stalker me and Maggie said in sync.

             I cracked a grin but didn't comment. ''So what are the classes like?'' I asked Maggie. She groaned. "You're going to have Potions, Herbology, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, History of Magic, Astronomy, and Charms." she told me. I repeated her groan. "Mother f*cker! That is a cr*p load of work!'' I declared and we all roared with laughter. "Time for dinner!"Andrea declared and we all rushed to the Great Hall. I was getting sorted tonight!