Chapter 3

Chapter 3

As I watched Seb talk to Eve and Brook I couldn't help by feel a slight pang of jealously. I felt sort of cheated, which was really stupid but I couldn't help it. That was supposed to be my hug and kiss; instead both of my best friends got what should have belonged to me. While all I got were false accusations and demanding orders.

"I'm sure you ladies would like some time to talk, so I'll excuse myself and wait outside." Seb told both the girls who were literally drooling over him. It was exactly the same as it was four years ago. They were both still so mesmerized by him, and I couldn't really blame them.

Seb turned to me and in a second his smile broke and eyes became hard. "I have an important meeting to attend. So hurry." He closed the door behind him, and I turned to find both Eve and Brook gawking at the closed door.

Ugh! What was up with them? Yes, Seb turned out to be more attractive than a Greek god, but his infuriating personality was enough to make anyone run at least mile away from him.

"Oh my god Ana, that was Seb!" Eve exclaimed as if I wasn't already aware of that fact.

I simply nodded at her and turned back to my pile of clothes. I grabbed my favorite shirt and folded it neatly before stuffing it into the case.

"He looks even better than he did four years ago! Ana, you get to live with him!" Eve exclaimed climbing into my bed.

I had four chairs and three beanbags in my room, and yet everyone continued to use my bed.

"Eve, he's not like the Seb I was friends with. He has changed a lot." I made eye contact with her. "You know this." I told her pointedly.

"Yes, but you said that all those years ago he wouldn't even talk to you and you changed that. You got him to open up to you a little. Maybe you just need to do that again?" Eve put in hopefully.

She was a dreamer alright. "Eve." I sighed at her excited face. "Seb was a boy then, trying to figure out what the heck was happening around him. He got dragged from the streets to a huge house where he didn't know anyone. Obviously he was angry at the time. It was easy to talk him out of that anger, to get him adapted to the change."

It had been easy. Not so much at first, but as the days dragged on I was able to peel away one layer at a time until the real Seb shined through. He just needed someone to talk to, someone to care for him and most of all someone to love him.

I loved him with all my heart. I idolized him and worshipped him. In my eyes he could do no wrong. I trailed behind him like a love sick puppy. He was a role model that I never had; always hardworking and determined.

"But I don't know what's changed to make him be like that. My only explanation is that all that power and wealth finally got to him, and he saw me for what I was. His guardian's pesky little girl, who followed him around like a lost dog." I announced feeling the familiar sorrow flood through me.

"You don't know that Ana. He seemed really nice just now." Brook said plopping down on my bright green beanbag.

"Exactly my point. He was nice to you!" I said more bitterly than I intended to. "Just a few seconds ago he was accusing me of being a whore!" I was shaking. I felt the tremors run through my body as the anger came bursting through.

"What the hell? Why would he call you a whore? You have never even been with a guy. If anyone's a whore here it's Eve." Brook said, probably trying to lighten the mood.

"Gee, thanks Brook." Eve made a face at her and turned her attention back to me.

"Seriously though. Why would he call you that?" Eve questioned.