Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Seb and I started out at one of the most exclusive boutiques. It was strange being back home and shopping at places like this. At the boarding school when we were allowed off campus we would go shopping at the department stores. The experience between those stores and boutiques like this was extraordinary. I used to come to places like this with my mother, and when she passed away I came to such places with Carrie.

As soon as we walked into the building, the sales associates, who were all women, rushed to our sides. Or I should say they rushed to Seb's side. Even though it was a women's boutique none of them paid attention to me.

Since they ignored me, I left them chatting up to Seb and went to go look around the store. I was impressed by the way it was organized. The dresses were not only in one area, but they were organized by color.

I ran my fingers through the chiffon fabric on a purple dress.

"I think you would look amazing in a blue dress." A voice told me. I turned around to as striking red head. I hadn't seen her earlier when I had come in.

"Hi, I'm Ebony. I'm a sales associate." She said sticking out her hand.

"Hi Ebony, I'm Ana." I introduced my self.

Ebony smiled, "With your eyes, hair and that beautiful tan I think you would look stunning in blue." She started walking towards the blue section.

"If there is another color you want to try just let me know." She said as she grabbed a few dresses off the rack.

"I love blue." I told her.

"Great." She said and then laughed, "oops, I forgot to ask is this for a special occasion?"

I smiled with her and felt my cheek heat up a little, "my birthday party."

"Oh fun! Well then let's find you a dress that will demand some attention." Once she had a hand full of dresses she turned to me. "Let's get started on these." She said heading towards the dressing area. Each dressing area had its own small podium, full length mirrors and couches for people to sit in while they waited.

"Oh I almost forgot are you wearing a strapless bra? Or would you like me to get you one?" She asked as she placed the dresses neatly into a dressing room.

Fortunately I had put on my own bra at home. "I'm good thank you."

"Okay well I'll just be here so once you have the dresses on you can come out and we can look at you in those gorgeous mirrors out there." She said and closed the door behind her.

The first dress I put on was a halter neck. It was a high low dress that had shimmery fabric. I wasn't a fan of it on the hanger but I figure I can't dismiss it without even trying it on.

I stepped out of the dressing room and went to stand on the podium. I looked down to see how the fabric moved around me as I walked.

"No."

I snapped my head up and saw Seb relaxed on the couch with a glass of orange juice in his hand. I was a little embarrassed to have him watch me as I tried on dresses, but I knew there was nothing I could do about it. It also hurt a little that he didn't like the dress on me.

I scowled at him, "I haven't even seen how I look in it."

I turned to the mirror and frowned. The color was beautiful but the dress itself was a little bulky.

"It's too gaudy." Seb told me, and went back to looking at the TIMES magazine next to him.

I made a face at him and headed back to the fitting room. The next dress was a darker blue, with lace sleeves. It was a baby doll dress with a blue slip underneath with lace fabric on top. I liked the feeling of the lace on me. I wished there was a mirror in the dressing room so I could look at myself before going out in front of Seb.