Bloody Silence

~Chapter Twenty-Seven~

Cayden

                One more day until Nathan is slaughtered. It’s been three days since Jake has been warned, and we’ve heard nothing. I had left Nathan hanging downstairs. Desmond was beginning to get ready to put Nathan down, and go after Lucian’s pack. Of course didn't want to lose such a beautiful pet, but he had to go. We made a deal.

                I went downstairs and looked up at Nathan. His white skin was beautifully dotted and covered in blue and red and black. His blood had been spilled and it stained the cement floors. He looked like an angel with his blonde hair and the light shimmering off of him. Drew came up behind me and paused. He covered his nose in disgust.

                "Smells like human, alright..." He muttered. "Not to mention your stench all over him." I snickered.

                "He is mine. I've made that clear." Drew looked at me.

                "Desmond wants to know if you want to put him down tomorrow." I paused and blinked.

                "How does he want me to do it?"

                "He said he'd prefer a gun since we'll be attacking Lucian's pack anyway." I hummed.

                "I see.." I brushed my hand through my hair. "I'll just snap his neck. I'll be holding him then." I watched Nathan. "I think he'd prefer death now, don't you agree?"

                "After being beaten and raped, I would imagine so." I rolled my eyes and watched Nathan.

                “Have we heard anything from Lucian or Jake?”

                “Nothing yet… But, they’ll give in. We all know Jake; he’ll come for Nathan.. Even when he’ll die getting him.” Drew sighed. “Do you think it’s really necessary to have kidnapped a person?” I stiffened and glared at Drew. “I mean, we could’ve just fought the pack… But even then, fighting seems fucking ridiculous. We’re fighting for something we’ll all die for and it’s not wort---“ I turned around and slammed my fist into Drew’s cheek.

                “It IS worth it, you little fuck… Lucian killed my father! It is my job to kill Lucian!” I yelled. Drew didn’t even flinch. He looked up at me and cursed under his breath.

                “No wonder Nathan is terrified of you..” He growled and walked away. I rolled my eyes and watched Nathan. He was almost dead. He wasn’t moving. The only thing that was letting me know he wasn’t dead was his labored breathing. I went upstairs after Drew and sat up there.

                Come on, Jake. I want you to save Nathan.

                Either way, one of you will die.

_______________________

Jake

                “Grab whatever weapons you can,” my father growled at the group of fifteen men and boys willing to fight. “We will try to fight hand-to-hand… Turn only when it’s your last option… We’re going to get Nathan back, hopefully not to fight..” But we all knew that would never happen.