I'm Not What You Think I Am

~Chapter Nineteen~

Nathan (One week later)

                I never went back to school. My mommy took me out and started me on an online school. Kellyn is paying for the internet bill and the computer. I feel like a nuisance, I’ve just been getting in the way. Also, I don’t see Jake very much. He comes after school and spends all night with me, but… I can’t seem to think that that is enough.

                Jake has a date planned for us today. He said he’ll skip school for it, and I don’t mind if he does or not. Stupid or smart, I love him for him. Of course I’m nervous, but I can’t let out my nerves. Adi has been with that Cayden guy, and doesn’t talk to me a lot. It’s weird. Jake’s told me she’s a lot quieter, and she doesn’t seem happy. Every time I try to talk to her, she just had to go do something important… And I thought I was important to her.

                My new phone (that Jake bought and pays for) vibrated on my bed right beside my head. I’ve been trying to get used to the iPhone thing, but it’s so… Complex. Adi’s seemed so easy! It kept vibrating until I pressed ‘answer’.

                “Hello?” My voice sounded like crap. What can I say? I’ve been sleeping.

                “Hey, my most amazing boyfriend,” Jake’s voice said to me. I felt myself smile.

                “Hey, Jake.”

                “So, I’m setting up for our date right now. Do you think you can be ready in… An Hour?” An hour. Then, it would be eleven. I hummed.

                “Yeah, I can… Where are you taking me?”

                “Well now, if I told you, it wouldn’t be special.” He laughed. Oh, how I loved his laugh. I felt myself smile a bit.

                “Yeah, you’re right,” I sat up and rubbed my eyes. “Do I need to bring anything?’

                “Nope. Only your adorable self,” he chuckled. I heard a few random noises in the back. I stood up, and went to the bathroom, making sure I had a clean towel to dry off with after my shower. “So, I’ll be there to pick you up in an hour and not a minute later. I love you,” and he hung up. I guess he was busy getting ready. I turned on the water to warm and stripped down before going in. As I put soap in my hair, I caught myself singing the song Jake had for me on my teddy bear. I could only chuckle to myself and keep showering.