n i n e : Chemical Love

Update: So, Wattpad was malicious and demolished much of this chapter. I'm currently re-writing it so many typos may appear. Dedicated to @tomilson- for making the first  fan cover for this story. And thanks a ton for the lovely cover babe.

THIS IS NOT EDITED – darlings, it never is.

/ n i n e /

1//

I woke up seventy two hours later feeling excessively hungry and yelling Ace’s name.

Ace. Ace Lockwood – I need you.

He wasn’t in my horizon of sight and that fact sent negativity through me. Two nurses scurried into the patient room at my sporadic outburst.

“Who’s Ace?” one questioned.

“The boy who assaulted Dr. Runt,” the other replied monotonously.

Assaulted?

“I want to see Ace – shit, that hurts,” I exclaimed once my arm was punctured with one particularly long needle. I wiggled under their firm grasps, “Ace!”

I hated hospitals. Bad omens and all.

At my peripheral vision, I caught sight of Ace’s figure as he dashed into the room, pushing past the two nurses.

Quickly, he enveloped my hand with his large fingers, “I’m here.”

That’s better. 

2// 

Later on, I was informed that I had a fractured tibia by the rather temperamental doctor whose mustache resembled a squirrel. I think he disliked me even further when I informed him of his animal resemblance. Then I discovered that I had missed my mother’s arrival since I had been asleep for three days. She was forced to return to the hungry children of Cambodia.

Kane was situated beside the bed the next time I reached consciousness.

His hair was undoubtedly haphazard and two dark blotches were tattooed beneath his eyes. Also, his breath smelled nasty. 

Overall, he looked horrendous.

“I feel like shit,” he muttered after his long monologue about positivity.

I frowned, “You’re not the one with the fracture tibia…”

“No – I didn’t answer your call, Flo,” Kane huffed, “I’m your best friend, I’m supposed to save your ass.”

Puffing my lips, I quirked a brow, “You make me sound like a chore.”

“If you’re a chore, then you’re my favorite,” Kane grinned before releasing a heavy sigh, “I can't believe I didn't fucking answer.”

Softly patting his shoulder, I cooed, “Whatever – it’s just pain. Besides, Ace helped me.”

Features darkening, Kane furrowed his brows, “Yes, Ace came to your rescue and I fucking didn’t.”

Not bothering to respond because I sensed an incoming storm from Kane, I tried to subtly slip back into serene slumber.

“Ace attacked a doctor,” Kane burst.