e i g h t : I Like You

NOT EDITED

/ e i g h t / 

1// 

I was at the quarter mile checkpoint to school when the jolting sound of Ace's motorcycle chucked me out of my unimportant thoughts. Ace halted at the sidewalk. 

Upon pulling off his helmet, his gaze met mine and we simultaneously cracked a grin. Then my attention shifted to his chest. Ace still was not wearing a shirt - no complaints from me. His chiseled abdomen was unnerving and undoubtedly distracting.

"Hey," I greeted. 

He smiled and my fingers curled.

Ace, stop being so pretty.

I unconsciously drifted towards the lovely looking male and he tugged me to him, firmly circling his arms around my waist. The wondrous tingles were exploding in my chest like fireworks. Perfect fireworks of all colors. 

My intention to speak never materialized. 

"I was your choice," he stated, our noses almost touching.  

"Hmm?" I muttered, trying to move my eyes from his unwavering stare. 

He flashed a smug smirk, "You wanted to ride with me, didn't you? Not the Kane kid." 

Bobbing my head, I parted my lips, "Yes." 

He eased me to him, our his stature pressing against me gently even though he was still partially situated onto his motorcycle. 

"I wanted to hurt the asshole, " Ace confessed as he handed me a spare helmet. "I wanted to pummel him unconscious - then turn him into..."

"...a sandwich." 

I laughed, "Much appreciation for not turning Kane into lunch."

Bewildered at the amount of smiles Ace was radiating, I tried to keep my wide eyes down low. The admiration I felt for his adorable grins was much too pronounced. I didn't swoon over other boys - boys that weren't Kane. 

But now Ace was infiltrating my thoughts by the ton loads. 

Once I placed myself on the back of the motorcycle, I wrapped my arms around Ace's large build.

"Now let's ride." 

No surprise - riding with Ace was beyond spectacular. 

2///

Upon arrival at the school parking lot with Ace, every pair of eyes darted in our direction. Ace came to a rumbling halt and he allowed me to gain proper footing.

Ace and I took off our helmets in unison. My breath hitched when he grabbed my hand and gave it a tight squeeze. He didn't do big public displays of affection and I was already familiarizing myself with that. 

Holding hands still felt pretty damn magical.  

"Goodbye, Flo, " Ace muttered quietly once I had set myself firmly onto the ground. He winked at me quickly and I almost twitched. 

Breathe, Flo, remember to breathe. 

I placed a hand on his shoulder, the gesture harboring no awkward shifting, "Adieu. Oh, and Ace?"

He awaited for me to finish my sentence with a partially formed smirk.

"You should maybe put on a shirt," he furrowed his brows, casting his head downwards. I'm not even sure if he was aware that he was half nude until now.