Day Thirteen

Day Thirteen:

Some of the Brits had showed up in LA today. I guess they had all hoped on a flight to come to the funeral. Quite a few of them showed up actually. If it had been any other time I probably would have freaked out and tried to tidy up the apartment a bit, but I couldn't find it in myself to care. So empty boxes lay scattered on the floor with empty bottles and crinkled shirts.

Zoe, Joe, Marcus, Naomi, Caspar, Alfie, Louise, the Harries Twins, Tanya, and Jim were all flown over seas. They stopped at my house in small groups as to not "overwhelm me" with their presence. I kind of appreciated it, I wouldn't have handled seeing all of them at one time.

The first group was Alfie and Zoe. Zoe was a mess right when she walked in. She had tears rolling freely down her makeup free cheeks. Her hair was pulled into a braid that was falling apart. She was holding tightly onto Alfies hand. Alfie looked a little more controlled. Even though his eyes were red he didn't appear to be crying. Zoe was quick to curl up against my chest and hug me. I let her comfort me as we both bawled.

Next to come over was Marcus, Nims, Jim, and Tanya. Naomi was being her tough little self and was biting back tears. Marcus rubbed her back with his free hand to try and comfort her Marcus and Nim were clasping hands  at their sides. Tanya was less of the soldier than Nim was trying to be. She was quick to drop to her knees and kiss my damp cheeks. Tan whispered how sorry she was into my ear with the occasional sniffle. Jim came over and offered me a long tight hug.

The last person to visit me that day was Louise. Louise had a grim look on her face but her eyes looked dry. She pulled me into a quick hug before she ushered me to my couch. Louise lay me down with one of my favorite blankets before she lit my favorite scented candle. She had brought me a bag full of my favorite snacks and candies. The best thing about Louise is that she didn't pressure me into saying anything. She just let me sit in silence and cry. Louise sat beside me and let me lean against her. She ran her fingers through my dirty hair.