Chapter 4: Formal Introductions

🎓Nagisa🔪

"Time to wake up, Nagi-chan! Wake up or I'll kis--"

Blag.

I opened my eyes with a grunt and frowned.

Karma-kun really...

I sighed and sat up before dragging my feet on the side of the bed. Stretch my arms, fix my bed, then do my things. All took half an hour then I ran down while slipping on my vest.

"Good morning, Mom." I greeted my mom then sat down on the chair beside the dining table. She came into view from the kitchen and greeted me with a smile.

"Good morning, Nagisa. Pleasant dreams, I hope?" She asked me as she placed a plate of toasts with bacons and eggs, right before sitting down facing me. She too began eating our breakfast after doing so.

"Well, I really don't remember. But it seems I did have pretty decent ones." I shrugged, making her giggle.

"Come on, Nagisa. What's with the grumpy expression?" She teased. I chewed and swallowed a piece of bacon first before pouting.

"My best friend changed my alarm ringtone on my phone with his recording." I complained and bit on my toast. She blinked her eyes few times in surprise.

"His, you mean..." I looked up at her and saw an emotion I couldn't describe. Well, it flickered off before I understood it completely. I smiled a little and laughed awkwardly.

"Ah...yeah. It's him, mom." I said in a low tone, but still enough for her to hear. I returned my gaze at her again and smiled. "It's Karma-kun."

She stopped for a while, before her lips twisted.

Uh oh.

"So tell me, my dear. How about it, Na-gi-sa~?" I gulped at the sudden change of expression of my mother.

"W-what do you mean, mom?" My hands started to tremble while holding my fork. Good thing I already finished breakfast, though I know I'm not in a good situation.

"You know what I mean, Nagisa-chan." Again with that.

"Mom, please." I pleaded at her. She stood up and walked slowly. Such suspense.

"What? Nagisa-chan is getting flustered?~" She teased. Yeah, teased.

"Mooom~" I pouted and cleared our dishes. She started laughing loudly while sitting down on the seat I previously sat on. I sighed then started washing.

"Pfft. Nagisa, you're really cute, you know that?" She blurted when her laughter finally ceased down. I playfully huffed.

"Yes, yes. I am, mom, thanks." I said sarcastically. She giggled again. But this time, with me.

After a bit, she stood up and said that she'll get ready for her work, which I just nodded to. I smiled to myself again while finishing my clean up.

Ding dong.

I stopped myself from drying my hands when I heard the doorbell. Tilting my head a little in confusion, I went to the door and was about to ask when I heard someone sing.

"~I know you can hear me, open up the door. I only wanna play a little~"

I freezed on my spot, eyes wide and mouth slighty agaped. My hand, almost reaching the door knob, trembled a little.

"~Ding dong. You can't keep me waiting. It's already too late, for you to tr--"

"Good morning, Karma-kun." I greeted once I opened the door and smiled at him, which made him stop and returned a chesire cat's smile.