Modeling Crisis: Chapter 5

“UGH get out of the shower Jessie!!!!!”

I yelled. It was 7:20 in the morning and I needed to leave this dang hotel at 7:45. How long to actually need to take a shower? She’s been in there since 6:25, talk about looking like a prune when she gets out. I slumped against the bathroom door and tiredly banged my hand on the door to get her out the shower, with no success.

“I’m done yet, gosh get some patience Nikki!”               

Jessie yelled from the inside, well at least she isn’t dead.

 I groaned and went to my suitcase; well let’s hope I don’t smell atrocious. I grab my toothbrush and tooth paste, I would find a bathroom before I went on set. I took off my PJ’s and searched for an outfit in my underwear and bra, well at least Jessie being in the bathroom is good for one thing. I sigh and shook my head in disbelief at that girl. I grab some white short shorts and slipped those on. I looked for my mint green sweat shirt. I shouted out a joyous cry of triumph when I found it. I smiled largely to myself and took out my mint green converse with white laces. I took out my brown aviators and put those one. I looked at myself in the mirror above the desk against the wall of our room. I tilted my head to side, my brown hair tumbling to the side. I sighed and grabbed a ponytail holder. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail.

Steam began filling the room, I turned and glared at Jessie who stepped out, smirked at me and said,

“The showers open Nikki.”

Jessie turned and went over to her stuff.

“A little too late don’t ya think?”

 I growled and threw daggers with my eyes in her direction before grabbing my phone, room key and I.D. and heading out to get this shoot over with.

“How’s that?”

I ask. I’m knee deep in water and posing in the new bombshell bikinis.

“All right, come out to the sand Nikki.”

I get out the water and as I walk to the sand, my makeup and hair retouched and my bikini gets fixed slightly. Someone come up to me with a towel and wipes my legs dry. I finally get up the sand and sit down on the already laid out towel.

“All right, bring Jake out here.”

“You’re kidding right?”

I ask, looking around and seeing no sign of Jake. The photographer points out Jake, who is wearing matching swim trunk bottoms, his bare chest glistening in the sun. Crap, he looks good. I tear my eyes away from his chest and shout at the director,

“Why didn’t any of you people tell me I would have to work with this scumbag?”

“Oh, we just thought. Since you guys…aren’t you guys…did you break up already?”

Dang it! I forgot we were fake-dating. I grimaced and said,

“Oh, no it’s just  when I forget things like this or something changes and I don’t know about it I call people scumbags out of anger. But I could never hate my Jakey. Isn’t that right babe?”

Wow, that was such a bad lie, I hope nobody catches on to it. Well it’s Jakes’ problem now, let’s see how he tries to save this. Jake smiled, came up and hugged me and said,

“Yeah, my dolls face has a little bit of a temper.”

Jake puts me down and sits next to on the towel and whispers in my ear,

“You’re lucky I’m actor and know how to come up with a great save. Now smile, we’re supposed to look like a happy couple. You look like you’re about to puke and die.”

I smile and say through clenched teeth,

“Well only seeing your face makes me want to puke and if you ever hug me again I’ll kick you where the suns don’t shine. Alright?”

The photographer interrupted but I doubt he even heard what we were saying seeing as we were whispering in each other’s ears. Well were sitting right next to each other so it wasn’t hard. The photographer said,

“Alright lovebirds, Jake I want you to place your hand under her chin and look lovingly into her eyes. Now Nikki, I want you to grab his hand and use your other hand and place it on the side of his face.”

We did what we were told but let me tell you something, this position wasn’t comfortable in the slightest.

“Great. Now Nikki sit in his lap and Jake sit crisscross so she’ll fit in the middle.”

I officially hated this photographer.

I whispered to Jake,

“I thought we were only supposed to do the 17 mag shoot together. Why are you here in Canada.”

“Well sweetheart, I just wanted to visit my girl.”

Jake says rather loud and a few “Aws” came from surrounding staff. I hear the camera clip a few times.

The photographer yells,

“Nikki, look like you’re in love not in pain.”

“Yeah babe, look like you love mw, shouldn’t be that hard.”

Ladies and gentlemen, my scumbag fake-boyfriend, Jake Mason. I change expressions and the camera flashes about a good ten times.

“Alright everybody give this couple a hand! Jake you have to stay behind but I’m sure Nikki will wait for you to finish up.”

Jake nods his head and says,

“Well it’d only be fair, I had to watch this gorgeous babe model all alone. Let’s get her jealous she isn’t with me.”

Jake looks at me and winks. I felt like barfing but smiled. I really hated my manager right now.  I stalked over to a chair and slumped in it as soon as my bottom hit. I look around at the clusters of models sitting around chatting. Emily walked over to me. She sat next to me and literally squealed in my ear,

“You’re dating Jacob Mason!!! How lucky!”

“Yeah tell me about it.”

I try to say convincingly. I smile at the end to make it seem friendly.

Emily says in her normal voice,

“So how’d you  get to together?”

I try to rack my brain, this is what I come up with,

“Well we used to date before, broke up and everything. I totally hated his  guts. Then one day we ran into each other when we were hiding from paparazzi and got talking again.”

I said, shrugging my shoulders. That sounded believable.

Emily shook my should and pointed to Jake and said,

“Look! He’s waving at you!”

And sure enough Jake was there waving in my direction before getting yelled at by the photographer to stop looking at his girlfriend and focus. I laughed out loud, receiving a few odd looks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*Author's Note*

Early morning post! So you've met Jake! do you think he's a scumbag like Nikki says or will you have to wait and see why Nikki hates him so much? How about Jessie? Uploading tomorrow at 7:30pm.