0.3

Caterina had woken up and forgot all about the incident earlier this morning, but Peter hadn't. He knew she was stressed out with the academic decathlon team along with helping Liz plan for homecoming. She tried to involve herself in as much as possible to keep busy. Peter watched as she brushed her hair in the bathroom, her ever present frown made him look down. "Peter why are you staring at me like that?" She asked. Her sokovian accent trickled in his ears and he smiled at her, "I'm worried. Thats the fourth nightmare this week." He let out a sigh, seeing Caterinas eyes close. "You can talk to me you know that." Peter said, his arms crossed as Cat leaned against the counter, her back facing the mirror.

Peter walked forward when he heard the sniffles, he stood in front of her and grabbed her hands, he held them tightly. "I'm sorry if I seem like I'm pushing you away. Its the vaccines Tony is giving me. They are-" She trailed, seeing his face tense up at the mention of Tony. "They're making you have nightmares?" He questioned, "That among other things." Cat turned around and grabbed hers and Peters toothbrushes, making him smile. "C'mon Peter, we're going to be late." She reminded him smiling.

He felt better, and so did she.

☆☆☆

If there was anyone in the world that could make her feel better it was Ned, he had on this purple and pink striped shirt on with his camo backpack as he walked next to the two. "So you got bit by a spider? Can it bite me? It probably would've hurt right? You know what whatever even if it did hurt, I'd let it bite me...maybe. How much did it hurt?" Ned was rambling and Caterina watched as Peters facial expression turned into one of annoyance. His books laid out in his arms as he walked with no backpack. It was the fifth one he had lost.

"The spiders dead Ned." He shook his head at the other boy and Cats hands were in her sweaters pockets. The three had walked a little more before stopping at the scene Peter had caused last night. "Whoa." Ned breathed, "You were here?" Peter caught Cats eye as they both saw the damage control signs on the carts.

"Yeah." Peter looked at the bank and then back to the market, "You could've died." Ned looked bewildered.

Then a thought came across Neds mind and he asked, "Do you lay eggs." Caterina turned to look at the boy before bursting out in a fit of giggles. Peter narrowed his eyes then, "What? No!" Peter seemed shocked and looked at Cat, who had a geniune smile on her face. It was the first time she had smiled in a while, and he couldn't help, but take it in.

Peter, Ned and Cat had all made it to school on time and they had split up, it was then Cats phone rang and she brought it out. It had an unknown number on it, it could be Sam or Steve or even Wanda...she answered every call.

"Hello?" She answered hearing nothing on the other line, She heard a sigh before Steve came over the line, "Hey kid." Cat wanted to cry, it had been two months since she had seen him last, she missed him. "S-Steve?" She breathed, "How are you?" He asked hearing her heavy breathing. "Good...moving on." Steve heard her sigh once more, "We miss you. Wanda is doing much better along with Sam." Caterina walked in the hallway that was half empty, luckly she had study hall first thing in the morning. "I miss you guys too. I have to go to class, tell everyone I love them and that I miss them please, even Bucky." She wiped her eyes. "Stay safe kid. I love you too." Steve always had this weird thing of keeping calls or texts short and sweet. Sam had atested to it.

She sat in the library then and brought out her book courtsey of Michelle. She had always given Cat new books to read, she was a great friend and an even more great person. Caterina dove right into her book smiling softly at the thought of Steve trying to call her. He was a big goof when it came to todays technology.