0.2

The rest of the night was mostly a blur after Ned left. Caterina, May and Peter had gone out for Thai. Cat felt like she intruded on Peter and Mays bonding time, but mostly she felt like May was still hurt after what happened to Uncle Ben.

Peters uncle had been murdered shortly after he got bit by the spider. It was a tragic loss for the Parkers. Ned had explained what happened after she was settled into their apartment. Her heart broke every time Peters eyes got glossy thinking about Ben. May needed someone to grasp onto after Bens death and that someone was Peter.

Peter was her lifeline as well as Cats.

Caterina didn't mind Thai Food, she missed her mothers home cooking or even Wanda's soup, She just missed the feeling of being home. With Steve, with Tony, she missed when everything was simple. She missed the team, she missed being around her family. Her family meant everything to her and she was partially responsible for it being torn apart. She didn't realize that she had spaced out until Peter nudged her foot under the table. May looked at her face before realizing how broken the young girl was, she was so broken and she was barley hanging on...

  ✰✰✰

Peter awoke suddenly when he heard Cats bed squeak. He got up and fixed his shirt before using his webs to get up to her bunk. Her forehead was sweaty and her face showed she was having a nightmare. He watched her for a few more seconds as her breathing got heavier and her face tightened.

"Cat." He shook her shoulder before seeing her head loll to the side. She didn't wake. "Cat!" He shook harder and she opened her eyes and sat up quickly. Peter's old pizza shirt came into view as she sat up. She always liked sleeping in his clothes it was quite weird, but comfy.

"Cat what happened?" He whispered seeing her eyes blank.

"Nothing. I'm going back to sleep." She mumbled before laying back on her pillow again. Peter decided he wasn't giving up this time and laid beside her. "I thought the nightmares were gone?" He used his elbow to prop himself up as she looked over her shoulder. She pulled the blanket closer to her as she buried into it even more.

She wasn't answering him, and it was making him upset. He knew he should've given her time, but he needed to figure it out. The tiny bunk wasn't made for the both of them and she turned and faced him with tears in her eyes. His heart broke at the sight and if he was being honest, he couldn't help but feel helpless. He didn't know how to help her, he just wanted to be there for her and she was shutting him out.

"My brother was shot to death right in front of me Peter. I almost died. And my sister, she was treated like an animal, they put a shock collar on her-" she started to cry as Peter pulled her close. Her face in his neck as she cried. This one was worse than the others. She had to have been keeping this from him for awhile, he kissed her hairline before pulling back to see her tear stricken face. Her dark brown eyes met his light ones and she sniffled, "I'm sorry I woke you up," she whispered.

"No its okay, this is why youre here with me. I couldn't allow you to be on that raft...they would have hurt you even more." Peter tried to hush her, but the tears continued to roll. Her ears echoed the loud thumping in her ears. Her once bright eyes began to dimmer as she looked up at Peter. He was her best friend. Her only real friend. It broke her that she couldn't tell him what was really happening with her. Peter pulled the grey blanket over himself and cuddled into her more. They had gotten close over the course of four months, he hadn't left her side unless it was for Spider-Man duties. He knew about Cat not wanting her powers anymore, if she wasn't apart of something good she didn't want them.

Peter on the other hand was determined to get her to help him. She didn't have to have powers to be his partner in crime...he just wanted her there. She made him feel at ease.

Caterina had finally given into the temptation of sleep and she was out cold. Peter continued to stay with her and keep her calm. Whenever Peter was around it was like she was content. Wanda used to be her person and now Peter was her person. Peter watched her for a bit longer until he too felt the desire to sleep. He closed his eyes with his head on hers and he fell into a bliss.

When it was time for them to wake up, May walked into their room into the morning. She didn't see Peter in his bunk and realized Peter was in the top bunk with Cat. "Peter?" She whispered pushing his shoulder. "Did she have another nightmare?" May asked not wanting to wake up Cat. Peters eyes opened when he realized what had happened the night before. "Yeah she had another one..."

Mays eyes widened a bit before she stratched her head. "They' ve been getting worse haven't they?" Peter nodded slowly before moving his arm from underneath a sleeping Cat, he wanted her to get as much sleep as possible before school. Peter looked at his Aunt with sleepy eyes. Aunt May nodded to him, "I'll come back in a half an hour..." She messed up his hair a bit before walking out of the room closing the door lightly.

Peter huffed and looked at his clock...5 am. He laid in the darkness of the room for a bit longer. His life had changed drastically from the Airport battle. It took a toll on him, but also on Cat, she almost died, in his arms. Cat began to stir just a bit as Peter was thinking about everything. His life, his superhero career as Spider-Man, he felt like everything was falling apart and it was only going to get a whole lot worse.

hals corner;

this is a shit filler chapter, but i tried, if anyone has a good working link for spider-man hoco please send it my way. im struggling without it. also please do not ask me to update! im in the process of getting settled into my new home and i do not need you all rushing me to update because then that leads to shit chapters like this one. got it? k thanks.