Untitled (Chapter 12)

Sorry for the short chapter, just having a hard time feeling it.

-spectacularsam

Chapter Twelve

Kenny's sheets were still caked with blood. But, what could he do? Laundry was a foreign art to him. His mother would be the one to always keep his clothes clean. Kenny's heart sunk into his stomach. He couldn't come up with a good explanation for the excessive amount of blood. It was far too much to pull off as a nosebleed. He debating on telling the truth. I was attacked by that disgusting man you're sleeping with. He'd lose that fight in a second. “He's a good man deep down, I swear.” She'd snap. Yes, Mom. And I'm skinny.

He twirled up the sheets and tossed them into the trash bin outside. There were other sheets in the house.

Kenny let his stomach groan all day. Nothing but water. He'd enjoy some weed, but that'd cause the munchies. He'll have to return to school soon. Only slight differences displayed do to his weight loss. His face was bit narrower and he could almost see his feet over his belly. However, he'd nearly pass out ever so often. He found his head throbbing in pain and loud stomach ceaselessly protesting. Was it worth it to try to look like a guy from a magazine if it was literally killing him? Kenny sighed and took another gulp of water as he curled up on his sheet-less bed.

Helen tried to give Bryan a peck on the cheek. Bryan swiftly dodged it.

“Bye, honey.” She smiled so bittersweetly that he fought the urge to slap her. “I'll miss you.” She awaited his reply. But, Bryan only turned around to face the overwhelming stone stairs that led to his demise.

He pretended not to hear her proclamations of motherly love for him. He ignored that just like he ignored the burning sensation on his arm. Absentmindedly, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and checked the time. Today would be the day that Kenny would be back to harass him, he'd rather get another bloody nose from him.

Bryan climbed the stone steps slow enough to get some annoyed shouts thrown at him. He looked at his phone again. There were no texts, not even from Allen. “Ah!”

“Watch where you're going.” said the tall figure Bryan bumped into. “Texting while walking?” The tall boy in front of him snatched the phone away. Bryan got a good look at him. Skinny, very tall with mousy hair that hung in his brown eyes. His clothes fit him snugly, leaving little to the imagination. The boy was all right looking and probably the same age as him. “What's up with your background? Are you like, gay?”

The tall boy showed him the screen with a picture of Bryan and Allen cuddling. Then, he scrolled through the messages.

“Hey!” Bryan stepped closer to him. “Who do you think you are? Give me my phone!”

With a flip of his hair, the tall boy chuckled. “I'm the dean's son. I can do whatever the fuck I want. Or better yet, fuck whoever I want.”

Bryan raised an eyebrow. “Don't you mean fuck with? Or is that an invitation? Or are you even referring to me?”

“Don't flatter yourself, hot stuff.”

“Yeah, you kind of just did that for me.”

The tall boy laughed loudly. “I like you.” He handed the phone back. “I'm Vin, by the way.”

“Thanks, I'm Bryan.”