Untitled (Chapter 6)

Chapter Six

"I'm pregnant." Kristy said. Saying out loud made it feel so official.

Bryan blinked. "Oh," was all he could conjure up.

"I know you think I'm a slut." She sighed.

Bryan put his hand on her shoulder. "No," He furrowed his eyebrows. "No, you made a mistake. It happens. I'll be right here."

They were walking home from school. Bryan offered to walk Kristy to her house.

"You're too nice." Kristy brushed his hand off. "Your girlfriend must be happy to have you."

Bryan overflowed with giggles. "I have a boyfriend, actually."

"Oh," Kristy raised her eyebrows. "Now I feel like even more of an idiot."

"Hey, not everyone has gay-dar." He laughed.

Kristy joined in his laughter. "Well, my house is right there." She stopped and gave him a one armed hug. "Thanks. Bye!" She run up her front steps, waving.

"Bye, Kristy!" Bryan called as he turned to the direction of his own house. He took out his phone to call Allen and tel him what happened between him and Kristy. No answer. Bryan waited until he got into his house to try again. No answer. That wasn't like Allen.

"You okay?" Helen asked Bryan who was stuffing his phone back into his pocket.

"Uh-huh." He picked at the bandages on his nose. "Kenny's suspended for two weeks."

"Good, that boy needs discipline." She commented. "I'll pray for him."

Bryan nodded. "I'm going to go upstairs." He ascended the stairs without another word. In his room, he took out his notebook of life stories. He wrote:

Today was just weird.

KRISTY KISSED ME. A GIRL! A MOTHERFUCKING GIRL! (pardon my French)

It so didn't feel right on so many levels!

I gotta tell Allen but he's not picking up his phone.

Bryan dropped his pen for his phone. Once more he tried calling. No one picked up. He worried in case something was wrong. He sighed, thinking he was overreacting. Allen might have his phone on silent or he lost it or he's busy. No big deal, right?

Picking up his pen once more Bryan wrote:

Am I overreacting?

Should I feel worried like this?

I mean, it's not like anything bad happened...

Oh god, what is something did!

What if....

He lifted his pen off of the paper. Shaking his head, he put his notebook back. Bryan decided that he was being too involved. All he needed to do was take a deep breath and calm down. Nothing to worry about. Nothing at all.

Kenny's stomach groaned. He had nothing but cigarettes and water for the past day and a half. All day long he ran around the block. He was sore all over. Now, he layed on his bed.

No one was home so the house was silent. Kenny's mom was out drinking. His step-dad- he didn't care. In his step-dad's eyes, Kenny was insignificant. Kenny had no importance. Compared to his step-dad, he was inferior. Kenny was nothing but a mouth to feed.

Don't worry. Kenny thought. I won't eat ever again. Placing his hand on his bulging stomach, he pictured him being skin and bones. It would be more convenient for his step-dad not have to waste food on him. That way it would be one less thing for him to lamely take care of.

Kenny longed for a cigarette again. However, he smoked the entire pack he stole off of some freshmen who probably paid someone to get it for him. His moaned, frustrated.

The sky had been dark for a while. Allen gasped as he was slowly coming out of his trip. His head was pounding and he couldn't find the strength to sit up. He was only partly aware of the fact he was no longer in Jon's car. The setting changed drastically. Allen was in a vacant lot not too far from his own house. Jon must have gotten bored with him.

Allen cried for a few minutes until he could muster up his nerve. He stood up, yet still wobbled. The hallucinations went down to white flashes obstructing his vision. His spastic hand covered his mouth as he screamed into the night.

"Bad trip." he said. "Bad trip. The next time..." He scoffed. "No, never again. Never again."

He couldn't recall exactly what he saw, by the knew it wasn't good. He was aware that you could develop flashbacks from LSD. He prayed he wouldn't have them. If whatever he saw made him cry like just now, he had no desire to witness it again.

Like a zombie, he made his way back home. Stumbling over crevices in the sidewalk or merely losing his balance. He went too far and had to turn back to his home. There was no car in the driveway. No one home. That was refreshing. There was no one to make excuses to.

Allen fished his pockets for a key. After several tries he made it into the house. He tried to find his way to his room. He only had enough energy to settle for his couch. Tossing and turning, he never found any sleep.

Kristy was rubbing her stomach. No kicks, too soon. It felt so strange to her. It was so new. Letting her hand rest, she thought. She thought of all the thing that will change. Number one was everyone's opinion of her. She now realized she could live with that. There was her love life, not like she had one. Oh, well.

Kristy didn't feel as sad as before. Bryan was with her. She believed that. She knew that. If anyone could help her, it had to be him. She picked up her phone to send him a text.

Hey ur probably not up but just sayin ur the best

She sent it, knowing he wouldn't reply since it was two AM. Kristy shifted so she was on her side. Curling up into a ball, she slept happily.