Untitled (Chapter 8)

Chapter 8

It wasn't very hard to sneak out during lunch. The teachers wouldn't care anyway. Bryan lived pretty close to the school so he got there before Allen. He waited, sitting on his front steps. He thought carefully about what to say to him. Pessimistic scenarios penetrated his head. He ran his fingers through his hair and groaned. The anxiety ate away at him.

"Hey!" Allen called. Bryan looked up to see Allen standing a few feet away from him. Allen's hair was disheveled and he was in pajama bottoms and tight long sleeved shirt. He was still the epitome of hotness.

Bryan stood up to hug him. "Feeling better?" he asked.

"Yeah." They kissed, but something didn't feel right.

"Allen?" Bryan broke the kiss off. "Are you okay? I mean, you seem... different."

Bryan caught Allen off guard. He blinked multiple times to regain his composure. "I want to tell you. But I don't know how."

Bryan gave Allen a squeeze. "Just spit it out." he meant to sound mad, but it came out pitiful.

"It's something you can't help me with." Allen pulled out the remaining pills in his pocket.

Bryan stared at the drugs. His mouth dropped. "Can't those kill you?" He let Allen go, finally.

"If you take too much." sighed Allen.

Bryan looked up at him. "Just promise me you'll stop."

"They're my escape." Allen stuffed the pills back into his pocket. "It's hard."

"Then-then promise you'll get help." Bryan grabbed hold of his shirt. "Please?"

"For you." Allen nodded. "I'll talk to the guidance counselor first. I swear, I want to stop. I do, Bryan!"

"And you can, and you will!" Bryan exclaimed.

Allen cracked a smile. "With you here, I can."

"That's so cheesy." Bryan laughed, lightening the mood. Allen and Bryan kissed. Their lips moved in perfect synchronization. Bryan pushed forward to increase the passion. He wrapped his arms around Allen's waist to close the space between them. Allen then ran his fingers through Bryan's hair. Perfectly, their bodies fit together. Boldly, Bryan nipped at Allen's bottom lip. Then, Allen began to move his hands over his shoulders and arms. Allen pleasantly sighed against Bryan's mouth. They both heard a small thud, making them part.

Bryan's heart stopped. He was dead, he believed. Completely dead. He had no pulse, no breath. He did not exist. He was dead.

Allen was awestruck. His face was burning like he had a fever. It was like he was a recovering alcoholic who slipped Vodka into his cereal. He had crossed the line. He had gone way to far.

Helen and Joseph stood inches away from where they parked their car. Bree remained in the backseat. She was the only one oblivious to what was going on. Helen had her pocketbook laying on the sidewalk, the cause of the thud. Her face contorted with confusion. Joseph's eyes grew wide like a fly. The tension was thick in the air. You could probably hear a pin drop in the silence.

"Mom?" Bryan's voice lowered about eighty percent compared to before. "I thought you were out." He took a deep breath. Standing up straighter, he discovered his confidence. He was proud of his defiance.

"What?" Joseph roared. "What is going on here?"

Allen looked down. Bryan spoke, "We were making out, Dad. Swapping spit. Necking. Kissing. Our lips were touching." Allen bit his lip to keep from smiling or laughing. Joseph saw though his ruse and shot him an ugly look.

"Why?" Helen whispered. She looked as if she might cry.

"Why?" Bryan echoed with a laugh. "Because I'm fucking gay, Mom. And Allen and I love each other. And we're guys! We're going to hell and we are goddamn proud of it! If you don't like it, too fucking bad." Everyone's mouth fell open. "Yeah," Bryan said. "That's why I got punched." He pointed to his bandages. "That didn't push me back into the closet. So you won't either."

Allen didn't hold back his smile this time. He meet Bryan's parent's gaze. He crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows. Now, what are you going to do? He thought.

"T-t-this." Helen sighed. "Is a phase. You're acting out because you're a teenager."

"Really?" Bryan scoffed. "Like people chose to be bullied to the point of death? They want to be hated by bitches like you." He gasped, shocked that he called his own mother that. Yet he went on, "I'm a homosexual and if you hate them, just remember that means you hate me, your son." He waited.

His parents were quiet for a while. "You skipped school?" Joseph pointed out.

"Okay. Now you're changing the subject. But, not really. It's lunchtime, I can leave." Bryan sighed.

"We'll have to talk about this later." Helen said. "Go on back to school."

"With pleasure." Bryan snapped. "Come on, Allen." He grabbed his hand.

Allen followed Bryan towards the school "I'll get a late pass." He said when they were out of earshot.

"You can head home." Bryan said.

"You're here for me, I'm here for you." Allen pecked his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too." They went inside the school after another make-out session.

Kristy looked out the classroom window. Oh, yes. Bryan was gay. She saw him kissing that guy Allen. Someone noticed her and muttered, "Pervert." She snapped her head around to find her insulter. Robert stood by her desk.

"Hey." he said.

Kristy made a face. "What the hell do you want?"

"Nothing, just making sure you're okay." Robert rocked on his heels.

"I'm fine. I don't need you. And you made it pretty clear you don't want to be involved." She raised her eyebrows in suspicion.

"I know, but that was a mistake." he sighed.

"Okay," She laughed coldly. "Now, you're going to say that you'll help me but as soon as you realize you gotta be committed, you're gone." He appeared surprised by her words. "I'm not as stupid as I was when I was with you."

"Fine." Robert walked away. "Don't want my help."

"I don't need your help." she corrected.

Kristy lifted her head up. She held her chin up high. She took a deep cleansing breath. Her fingers moved her blonde hair from her sky blue eyes eyes. Maybe she's not the hottest girl in the world but with her recently discovered assertiveness, she was royalty.