Untitled (Chapter 11)

Chapter Eleven

Bruises stood out like a neon sign on Kenny's pale face. He stood his ground as his step-dad threw two punches at him. Purple, blue and black hues surrounded his eye. It was an addition to his new look. His face was much narrower and his stomach was becoming flatter. The hideous wound distracted people away from his visible efforts.

Kenny was so pissed off from getting hurt, he binged. Those damn Hershey's. He ate an entire bag of Kisses and two bars. Kenny considered throwing it all up, but that was disgusting. Working out from dusk till dawn was easier.

His body was on fire, every muscle burned. Yet, he did not stop. He lifted weights high above his head. Again and again. He had to push himself. Kenny didn't have much time left until school. He had to become unrecognizable.

The weight shook with his hands. It slipped from his grasped. The weight brushed against his chest. Another bruise started to form. It matched the one in his face perfectly.

“Great.” Kenny mumbled to himself.

He picked the weight off the floor where it landed. He continued the set he started.

“I want to feel- no, I don't want to feel.” Allen said. “That's it, Jon. I don't want to feel. At all.”

Jon rested his head against the dingy building. “I gave you a ton of pills, kid.”

Allen shrugged his shoulders. “Maybe, you can give me some acid?”

Jon sniggered. “That doesn't make you numb. You should have seen yourself last time.”

“Whatever. Then, I do wanna feel. I wanna feel good.” Allen made a face at him.

“Can you even afford it?” Jon crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows.

“Maybe, I don't know.” Allen put his hands in his jean's pockets.

“I don't think so.” Jon laughed.

Allen looked away from him and focused his gaze on the sidewalk. “I got forty on me right now.” He twisted his lips rings.

“Show me the money.”

Allen took out a wad of cash and held it out. He waited. Jon examined the money then, snatched the dollars out of his hand. He recounted it carefully. He put the money in his pocket and took out the paper-like drug.

“Here.” Jon put the acid on the palm of his hand.

Allen looked at it in absolute awe. He got a rush of anticipation. “Thanks. I'll save it for later.” He smiled.

“Whatever, see you later, kid.” Jon stood up straight. “I got another deal to go to, kay?”

“Okay.” Allen waved as Jon scuffled away. Allen carefully put the LSD in his sweatshirt pocket. He scanned the area around him to make sure no one had been watching. Finally, he started his long walk home.

“Hey!” someone called from behind Allen when we was a good mile away from were he began.

Allen ignored it. He just wanted to get home, lock himself in his room, then get high. He pulled his hood over his head, hoping it will send a message. He did not want to be bothered.

“Hey, Al-Allen? Right? Isn't that you?” The voice got closer.

Allen gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. “What?” he asked without turning around or stopping.

“It's me. Hector.”

Allen spun around. Hector stood there, smiling nervously. “Remember me?”