Chapter 15, Part I

This may quite possibly be the first part of the last chapter...I may do an epilogue if people ask me to.  I need ideas for my next book, if you have any requests.  If I like one enough I'll start to plan it out (I'm open to fan fictions too, you know).  I'll try to make it the longest/best chapter. 

******************************************

*Ashleigh's P.O.V*

I sat there, absorbing Leanne's reaction.

"I'm sorry, Lee." Elijah said, "We would've told you sooner, just with..." He trailed off, as he reached out to take her hand.  She jerked away.

"You've been here for quite a few number of days.  Ashleigh, no matter how tired we were, this was so important.  Why couldn't you just wake me up last night and say 'Oh hey, Noah's the murderer.'? Was it that hard?" Leanne ranted.  She stood up abruptly.  She glanced out the window and picked up her raincoat. "I'm going out." She said.

She walked out the door and slammed it.  A few seconds later we heard her engine roaring and revving away.  Thunder shook the apartment complex.  We sat in silence.  Soon Noah glanced at us, a wicked grin on his face.

"What's with the face?" Elijah asked coldly.

"Oh nothing.  I was just remembering the thrill of killing Frank." Noah said indifferently.

No one answered that.  We sat there for a couple hours in silence, just wallowing in our thoughts.  "Leanne's been gone for a while.  I'm going to go look for her.  Care to come Elijah?" I made a deal of ignoring Noah.

"Sure." he said.  I took his hands and helped him up.  We walked out the door, and we got into my car.  When the car had warmed up, I shifted the car into reverse and drove away.

"Where would Leanne go?  Let's see.  There's the public library.  She might be at campus." I said, I glanced over at Elijah.

"She might be at her mother's house." He said.  When I didn't reply, he looked and shrugged his shoulders.

"Okay, we'll hit her mom's house and then the library." I said, as I pulled into the driveway.  So far I didn't see her car.  "Stay here." I jumped out of the car and sprinted to under the porch roof.  I rapped on the door.

Soon her mother opened the door.  "Why hello Ashleigh, what a surprise."

"Hello, is Lee here?" I asked, trying to inconspicuously peek over her shoulder.

"No, why?" She asked, a worried look on her face.

"She was just upset and left, we were wondering if she had come here to cool down." I explained.

"I'm sorry.  I haven't seen her." She said again.

"Thanks anyways."

"Anytime."

I waved and ran back to the car.  I got in and slammed the door closed.  "Negative." I said breathlessly, and drove up the street to the library.

I walked in, this time with Elijah.  I glanced around, and saw a flash of red hair.  I nudged Elijah and started to run over there.  I was forced to walk when the librarian chided me.

"Leanne?" I asked.

She whipped around.  She closed the book she had been leafing through.  "How'd you find me?" She hissed. 

"You were gone for hours.  Leanne, if you want to get this over with we have to go do it now." I glanced at my watch, "The library's closing any minute now anyways."  I reached for her hand, "Let's go."