Chapter 6

First I want to say sorry about taking forever to upload, I'm on vacation and have been really busy so far this summer! :)  Please vote and favorite.  Well, here's the story.  I'm also sorry if I state different facts or things I have said before.  It's been a while since I wrote, as I said before.

------------------------------------------------

I pushed myself onto one elbow again and stood up slowly, Ashleigh gripping under my shoulders and Elijah slowly coming forward.  "Are you okay?  Did you see anything?"  Elijah asked.

I walked to the couch where Ashleigh stood beside me and Elijah sat beside the arm of the couch.  I reached for his hand, needing reassurance.  He took it quickly and squeezed.  "Well.  This time, I think I was dreaming.  But I dreamt that I was on a cobblestone street, surrounded by buildings.  A man came  up to me, not having a clue what a laptop or computer was when I asked.  He then said 'This is only 1897' and called me crazy."

Elijah spoke up "Maybe the ghost wants you to do something.  Did you see anything that looked like him?  Maybe the guy that wanted to sell you something?"

"No, the man was too wiry to be the ghost.  Plus too short.  He looked like a peddler."  I replied. 

My stomach growled suddenly.  "Is anyone else hungry?" I glanced at the clock "It's 7 o'clock."  Ashleigh and Elijah nodded in agreement.

"What do you guys feel like?" I asked.

"A Morracon feast." Elijah said sarcastically "Why don't you just make anything that comes to mind?"

I thought for a minute.  Everything I knew how to make came to mind.  I sorted through the thoughts.  We probably want something hot, since a storm watch was on.  "What about some veal parmesean?  I already have the ingredients in my fridge and I can make it pretty quick."

"Sounds good." Said Elijah.

"Ditto on that." Replied Ashleigh.

I heaved myself up and walked to the fridge and the cupboards, making a mental checklist to make homemade veal parmesean.  I needed veal, spices, flour, cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, olive oil, and tomato sauce.

I went to work.  Coating the veal lightly in the spices and eggs.  Then laying it the heated pan, hearing the large sizzle.  I did this with each cut.  Then I put out a pot and went to making spaghetti.  I was finished cooking everything in about 25 minutes.

"Dinners ready." I called out to across the room, after setting down the plates on the table in the corner of the room.  Ashleigh rushed over.  "Looks delicious Lee!  Great job." She said, as she moved a chair so Elijah could wheel in.

We ate, savoring the taste of well cooked veal.

"Well, shall we go do some ghost hunting?" Eli said, after a few minutes of silence, probably for us savoring and admiring my job well done.  I looked in shock.  "You want me to go back there?  And get sucked back into old time?"

"Hey.  The sooner we get his job done, the sooner he leaves us alone." He retorted.

I had a staredown.  Our eyes challenging each other.  Slowly leaning closer, trying to make the other one blink.  Suddenly he swooped in.  He kissed me.  I was shocked, so I didn't do anything for the moment.   He pulled away.

Ashleigh's mouth dropped through the floor.  My eyes buldged.  Elijah had blushed.

"I-I-I'm sorry..." he said, looking down at his knees.

I smiled, realizing it had probably taken all the courage he had to do that.  "Don't be.  That was nice."  He looked up, and shot me a sly smile.  I giggled.

Ashleigh's mouth was still agape.  "Ashleigh close your mouth.  Flies are gonna go in there because of the veal."  Ashleigh closed her mouth.

"You guys kissed." She whispered.

"Yes, so do you and Noah." Elijah said plainly, as if nothing had just happened. 

"But...we're different.  Me and Noah are actually doing out.  You and Eli...Like each other but don't want to admit it.  That's always different."  She said.

I laughed  "Well.  Do we have some ghost hunting to do or not?" I said, getting up and stretching.  Ashleigh got up and Elijah maneauvered to stand beside me.  Ashleigh gave me a knowing look and walked out.  I rolled my eyes mentally.

"That was nice, what you did at the dinner table.  It strangely tasted like veal." I joked.

"Haha.  So..." He said, looking up.

"We better go beat some ghost butt."  I said.

"Agreed." He said hurridely, making me guess he felt awkward.  I walked first and held open the door, making an overdramatic bow and gesture that he could go.  While I was bent down in a bow, pointing out the door, I felt his head brush against my cheek. 

I had guessed he tried to go in for another kiss.  But I turned my head, signaling not yet.  I followed after him.  Closing the door after patting down my pockets making sure I had my keys.

Ashleigh came back shortly and took the handles of the wheel chair, and pushed them down so the chair was on two wheels, so we could push and/or pull him up the stairs.  I got in beside Eli and took hold of the arm rest, to put less strain on Ashleigh.

Soon we came up to the room, all breathing hard from carrying Eli.  "Let's go.  But I want Eli to stay outside in case something goes wrong.  Ashleigh, come in with me.  Stay by the door and keep it open at all costs." I said, matter of factly.

They agreed.  I walked in, nervous of what would happen.  What if I couldn't get out of 1897? If I got harmed or killed in the process?  What if I lose Elijah because I had forced him into this?  I shoved the thoughts away, and took hold of Ashleigh's shoulder.

"Bye, Eli." I said, closing the door behind me and Ashleigh.

Ashleigh stood behind me, hands on my shoulders, as we waited for him.  Soon a figure emerged from the wall.  I braced myself as the figure glided towards me, almost methodically.  Arms emerged from the cloud.

"Catch me, Ash." I said, as I felt faint, my knees buckling under the weight.  I felt her arms wrapped under my shoulders.

I heard the familiar loud chatter of the cobblestone street, the hoop skirted ladies, and the tail coated men escorting them, almost smiling at the ideas, of what they thought looked good and whatnot.