Chapter 14

*Leanne's P.O.V*

I slowly opened my eyes, wincing at the bright light.  I was momentarily confused before I realised the window was open.  I looked over to my left, and saw Ashleigh sleeping peacefully.  I slowly got up, and walked into the living room.  I looked at the clock on the wall.  1:36.  Wow, we must've been really tired.

I opened the cabinets and rummaged through everything before settling on ramen noodles.  I put the water on the stove and leaned my hip on it.  I looked around, and noticed a a flick of blonde hair on my couch.  Noah had crashed here?  Weird.

I looked at the chair, and saw Elijah laying down awkwardly, one leg straight out, the other crossed beneath it.  I smiled.  I walked forward and leaned onto the back of the chair.  Elijah sat up with a start.

"Woah, take it easy." I said, backing up, "Oh, that reminds me. You need your medicine." I went back to get it and a glass of water, I held it out for him and he gladly drank the water.

"Thanks," he mumbled.

I sat down on the couch, attempting not to wake Noah up,  "So, when everyone wakes up," I whispered, "let's go back upstairs.  All of us together.  I want to get it over with.  I want to know who murdered Frank and I want it to be known, and if possible, I want to prevent it."

He nodded his head.  "Okay," he said, "One thing, do you really want all of us up there again?"

Before I could formulate an answer, Ashleigh came slumbering out of my bedroom, her hair a mess.  She looked at us, her eyes squinting.

"Well then, good morning sunshine." I said talking normally, since Noah had sat up.

"Why you always gotta be yelling at me?" She said, rubbing her eyes and walking into the bathroom.

Noah and Elijah looked at each other, then at me.  I shrugged my shoulders.  "Not much of a morning person, is she?"

They shook their heads.  A sizzling behind me reminded me of the boiling water.  I whipped around and turned the heat off, and when the water stopped bubbling, I turned it back on and dumped the ramen in there. 

I turned back around as Ashleigh walked out, her hair tamed.  She looked at the living room, and looked at Elijah.  "Good morning Elijah." She gave him a big, genuine smile, "Noah." She said bitterly, before whipping around and walking back into my room.

I watched her close the door.  "What's with her?" I asked, turning around and stirring the noodles.  I poured it into a bowl as I listened to the boy's replies, which consisted of incoherent mumbling.  Which meant they had no idea either.

She came out, wearing my clothes.  I smiled as she pulled her hair back into a ponytail.  I sat on the couch next to Noah.  Ashleigh sat as far away as possible from Noah.

I took a bite of noodles before glancing between them.  "Are you guys mad at each other?"

"You could say that." Noah said, his voice sounding indifferent.

"Yes." Ashleigh said at the same time.

I nodded and left it at that, Ashleigh was best left alone when mad.

"So," I said, swallowing the food, "I was planning to go upstairs again soon with you guys.  Since we didn't do it last night."

"What if it happens again?" Ashleigh asked

"It won't." Noah said.

We all stared.  "How do you know what happened last night?" Elijah asked.

Noah looked dumbfounded for a minute.  "You told me.  Last night, remember? At the hospital?"

"You weren't at the hospital." I said, confused.

"I was there for a few minutes, to see how Elijah was doing.  He told me probably while he was still under the influence of the laughing gas." He said quickly.

"I didn't see you go through the waiting room." Ashleigh said, glaring at Noah.

"I went through the back." He said, his teeth clenched.

"There is no back." She hissed.

"Well then, I guess I just knew.  I was here the whole time, you know.  In the apartment."  He said, his jaw loosening, and slowly returning his eyes to me.  He smiled.  I nodded my head slowly, trying to absorb this.  Elijah looked like he knew something.

"You guys all know something I don't.  I want to know, I'm part of this too, in case you haven't noticed." I said, looking at each of them for a few seconds.

"Leanne..." Elijah began, Ashleigh and Elijah looked uncertain, while Noah just sat there, he was flashing his white teeth in the biggest smile I've ever seen him muster.

"Noah killed Frank." Ashleigh said quietly, looking down at her lap.

"What?" I asked

"I killed Frank."  Noah said, smiling.

I shook my head, "Why are you smiling then?"

"Because," he said.  He didn't finish his sentence or offer any kind of explanation.

"You guys have known...all this time?" I asked, "You've made me go through all this while you knew?"

"We didn't know," Elijah said, motioning to himself and to Ashleigh, "but when you brought home that list of what Frank told you...we knew."

"How could you not notice?  How many people do you know, or have seen, with hair like mine? He described my hair exactly.  My build.  I even threw it out there for you!" Noah began, chuckling,  "When we went to the library, I was researching for you.  I showed you everything that pointed to me.  Did you not notice?  I work for the government Leanne!"

"But..." Leanne said, looking at all of us, dumbfounded.

****************************

She knows.  Yayy.  I still have a couple chapters planned.