Chapter 3- Settling In

Thank you to all of my fans! I really appreciate it!!!!  I thought you guys might like that little look in on Brady.  I may not always change POV’s a lot. SorryL  The main POV is going to be in Mandy’s! 

Also this chapter is kind of like a filler chapter that will set up the next chapter.  Sorry and thanks for reading!!!!

Thanks to all my friends and family for inspiring me to write and have the idea of this book! J

Sorry if there are any spelling or grammar mistakes!!!

******************************************************************* ***********************************************************************************************************

Chapter Three

Mandy’s POV:

            BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!  BEEP!  I rolled over in my bed and slapped my hand on the snooze button on my alarm clock.  It’s time to get up all ready?  Last night, I had been restless about meeting this new guy.  I don’t know why though because I don’t even know him.  A few minutes later, I heard a knocking on my door.  “Mandy?  Are you awake sleepyhead?  It’s time to get up and say goodbye to me!” my older sister, Libby giggled through the door. 

            “I’m awake.  I’m awake,” I mumbled.  “Are you making breakfast?” I asked her through the door.  “Do I look like a maid to you?” she asked as she opened my door to my bedroom.  I laughed and told her, “You bet!  Now can you wash the dishes, do laundry, sweep, mop, dust….”  She interrupted me saying, “Well sorry!  But I am your sister, not your MAID!”  She exclaimed.  We both started cracking up. 

             I looked at my sister. She wore her black hair that was curly and long down today.  Her light blue eyes stood out as a contrast to her dark hair.  Her eyelashes were mid-length and black.  She was only 5’6, but a mighty woman at that.  She was skinny too, but not too skinny.  Her skin was a peachy color.  I noticed that she didn’t have much make-up on today either. 

            “I have to go back home, but I will be back next weekend.  Okay?” she asked me.  She lived with her husband, Drake, about 90 miles down south from here.  They lived on a little farm that had a few dairy cows, horses, pigs, goats, cats, and their dog Biscuit.  Libby owned and worked at her restaurant/diner called Fantasia Foods.  If you ask me, I don’t really like the name, but then again, it’s not mine either.  Drake was a farmer who had to work a lot, so we didn’t get much family time with him.  Libby, though, always visited at least 3 times a month. 

“I know you have to leave, but be careful.  Tell Drake I say hi,” I told her.  “I will. Don’t you worry.  Bye Mandy!  Have a good week!” She exclaimed.  I gave her a hug, and after a few moments of silence I whispered, “Um, would you please get out of my room now, so I can get dressed?” I chuckled as we released from our hug.  She laughed and waved as she walked out of my room and down the hallway to pack up her suitcase to leave. 

I got changed into some everyday jeans with a cutoff shirt.  Then I brushed my wavy brown hair till it shined.  After I was done brushing, I put it up in a ponytail with a headband to keep my bangs out of my face.  I looked at my iphone to see what I had going on today.  Wow, I sure had a busy day today.  I had to do chores, muck out the stalls, ride Badger, Bingo, Stanley, Marcy, and Kinto.  Then, I had to get ready and go to the mall with Amber.  I was free after I was done at the mall, except for some little things that needed taken care of.  I wondered how long Amber and I would be at the mall, considering it was our last day of spring break.