Chapter 10- Horse Show Qualifications

Chapter Ten

Mandy’s POV:

          Have you ever felt like you were being torn in two, emotionally?  When you want to go back to how you used to be, but yet you want to move on?  That’s how I felt right now.  I wanted to go back to the old way, the old me, and my old relationship with Zach.  I missed him so much, and now I realize that even though I thought I was over him, I’m not. 

          I miss his touch, his smile, how he holds me, but most of all our friendship.  But he threw that all away when he cheated on me with Emily.  I have to remember he wanted this, but now he wants me back.  I don’t know what to do anymore. 

          He used to be so sweet and caring.  I know that the old Zach is still in there, somewhere.  But, I know I need to move on.  Zach is in my past now, whether he wants it or not.  And that’s how it’s going to stay, I thought to myself.  I don’t need any more of his drama.  And after what he did, he is unpredictable.  Besides, who does he think he is anyway, to come into my room wanting to talk after what he did? 

          A guy whose dad owns half the town, sister’s a doctor, mom’s a lawyer, dad’s a sheriff, and not to mention he is the mayor of the town too!

          Good point.  Am I really talking to myself now?  Wow, what is the world coming too?  I mean come on.  He is hot, with his black hair and blue eyes, though.  Not to mention how toned his muscles are.  And to top it off, he works with horses.  Hell, he owns the fricken biggest stable in the state! 

          But, Brady is way hotter.  And you feel more of a connection with him anyways. 

  And then there’s Brady, my knight in shining armour.  With his dark brown eyes with flecks of gold in them, his golden blonde hair that’s always a sexy mess, his tall muscular frame, his tanned skin, and his personality.  I’ll give it to him, though, he gets on my nerves and is so annoying, but it’s a good kind.  And it looks like he works with horses.  Last, I heard his dad is the new vet in town, since the old one retired, and they live on a ranch too. 

Okay.  Stop Mandy.  You have a horse show to go to.  And if you miss it you will not be able to qualify for regionals, nationals, or heck the world wide series.  But, there is another qualifying horse show in a week.  So, I could go to that one too. 

No.  I need to focus on the horse show today and tomorrow.  I quickly started packing all the things that are mine.  When did all this crap get in here?  When I finished I look at the clock on the bedside table, to see it’s already 10:30 am!  Holy crap!  I needed to hurry if I didn’t want to miss the last half of the horse show. 

I couldn’t pack it fast enough, though.  My mind kept going back to those two boys.  I didn’t know who I needed to or should choose.  Zach, or Brady…. Ugh this was tough.  For now I just need to think about my horse and qualifying.  If I don’t, bad things could happen.  I might not get a scholarship for college, and then I wouldn’t have enough money to go.  I really needed to win this horse show. 

Maybe I should call my mom and dad and see if they had the horses already at the horse show.  Nah, I would call them later on my way home.  Right now I needed to call Amber to give me a ride home.  I was going to stick to a “no boys” rule for now.  That meant I had to keep away from Zach and Brady.  That would be easiest, right?  And I had been ignoring them before, I could do it again. 

So it’s settled.  No boys for the time being.  I just need a break from it all. 

“Hello?  Is that you Mandy?” I heard on the other end of the line.