Chapter 2- Refreshing Trail Ride/ Moving to Brandleton WY

Please comment and vote if you would like to!!! Sorry the last chapter was really short. I hope this chapter will be long enough for all you guys!!! Sometimes I will switch back and forth between characters!  Thanks!!!

Sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistakes.

******************************************************************** ******************************************************************** ********************

Chapter Two

Mandy's POV:

            I tied Badger up to a pole by Amber's pasture and ran through the stable to Tango's stall, where I was sure to find Amber.  All the stable hands said hi to me, and I waved back and smiled as I passed stall after stall.  I turned the corner and found Tango tied up and ready to be ridden.  "Hey girl. What are you up to?" I asked Tango as I patted her.  She was a red/orange quarter horse that had a red/sorrel mane and tail.  That's why Amber named her Tango because she looked like a mango, but we liked the name Tango better.  I poked my head inside the stall and saw Amber spreading out some new bedding for Tango.

Amber was my age and just as energetic.  She had strawberry blonde hair (it was more red than blonde though) with freckles.  Her hazel eyes always sparkled with mischief as she batted her short brown eyelashes. Amber always claimed she was jealous of my long black eyelashes. However, I think on the inside she loved how hers made her eyes look.  Amber and I were 4 inches apart in height.  She was 5'5 and I was 5'9. We were both skinny, but naturally muscular. Our long legs and my tall torso, gave the impression that we were some type of athlete. As for skin tone, Amber was paler than me but her freckles seemed to cover most of that up. 

            "Hey girly!" I called to Amber.  She looked up and smiled. "Fancy seeing you here Mandy Lansing!" She laughed. 

We hugged each other tightly like we haven't seen each other in ages, when it was actually only a few days.  We were on our spring break for school and had to go back in a couple days. 

"Are you ready to go riding," I asked her, "before we have to go back to school for three more weeks?"

            "Why wouldn't I be ready?  Let's go!" she exclaimed.  I nodded my head in agreement.  I led the way back out of the stable with Amber right on my heels leading Tango.  Badger neighed happily as he saw his friend Tango.  Amber and I laughed as we saw them exchange snorts of breath.

            When we were both on our horses, we headed off at a lope to the trails that wound around the countryside, leading back to my house.  Once we were out on the trails Amber gave me this quizzical look. 

"What? Is something wrong?" I asked her. 

"No.  Well, not something. Someone." she said excitedly.  I sighed and looked back in front as the trail wound behind a big willow tree.  Amber always got excited over boys even though she had a boyfriend.  I wondered who this someone was.  Was it a boy from school, or a stable hand?  I didn't know whether or not I should ask.

            "May I ask you who this person might be?" Now I was giving her the quizzical look.  She looked back at me and giggled.  What was wrong with her?  Why was she giggling? She pointed to my face and I realized it was still in a quizzical expression, but one that didn't  look normal anymore.  Then I started to laugh too, so much that all the birds were leaving.  That just made us laugh even harder because I had a reputation for not being the quiet one around.

            "You never answered my question." I told her, once we had quieted down some. 

She just smiled and squealed.  "I hear there is new guy coming to school and he is in our grade!"  she exclaimed.  I looked at her in pure shock.  Like I said earlier, no one ever really moved here.  "And I hear he is pretty hot," she teased me.