An Unexpected Ally: Everything's About to Change

The priest recovered. But it wouldn't have mattered anyway. He's on the sidelines. I'm now untouchable. And it's not just because of the blood drifters.

Incredibly, I've been talking with someone in the Vatican. He said I'll be provided the protection and funding to pursue my research.

"We know all about you and what's going on there," he said. "Your work is very important to us, and we don't want to see it used in the terrible way we think others intend. If you get back to it, we'll ensure your safety."

I let my emotions get the better of me and agreed to his terms, which I'm not sure I want to write down just yet. I worry about Jo.

But I can't let this go. It's a second chance. I just hope the Church is as powerful as it claims and that I'm not too late. I can't believe this. 

He also hinted that the paintings I've been getting match a collection that they've kept hidden for centuries. I don't know if I buy it. It might have been a psychological trick to convince me to agree. Regardless, I'm all in now.

There's no time to waste. Events are happening around the globe too rapidly. The other side is ahead.

Meanwhile, another painting arrived.

___________________________

Follow the external link to see the painting.