Chapter 9: am i dead now?

ok so the last chapter was so short that i felt like writing another... and this is just to prove to you how much i want your love and attention. i am doing this instead of writing my english assingment so if i fail this class, i blame you. no, not really... but still. 

When I woke up everything hurt, I have had a hangover before but this is ridiculous! The light seared my eyes, the smell of brandy giving me a headache and the sound of drumming kept vibrating through my system. When my eyes had finally adjusted to the light I looked around and became even more confused than I was before. I was in what looked like a guest bedroom, the bed that I was in had a wooden headrest, a matching chest of drawers on the far end of the room and a ray of sunlight is seeping through the crack in two heavy red curtains. So that is where the light was coming from. I slowly eased out of bed and soundlessly made my way over to the curtain to shut out that menacing day light. I reached towards the curtains but as soon as the light touched my hand I screamed as my hand felt it was being submerged in acid. I jumped back from the deadly ray and bumped into something hard. A yelp escaped my mouth as I spun around to see Rachess standing there in loose jeans and a black T-shirt looking…guilty.

“M-my hand, it hurts,” I say stupidly

“Yes I know, and I’m so sorry”

“It’s not your’ fault” I object “it was… um, the… I don’t know actually”

“It was the light”

“But how? I’m so confused”

Suddenly he rushed towards me and I heard my bones crack as all the air rushed out of my chest.

“What are you doing?” I wheezed

He took a step back this time it was him looking confused “I was hugging you”

“That wasn’t hugging, that was hugging with the intent to kill” I said between coughing fits.

“Sorry”

“Stop saying that”

“You will understand later” and with that he left me alone in the strange room.

The bed was looking very welcoming but I needed to find out where I was. I walked out the door and into a long hallway, which forked three ways at the end. I tried to see which way Rachess went but he was long gone. Deciding to go right I made my way passed many doors to many different rooms until I came to a door at the end of the hallway. I pushed it open to reveal a marble kitchen, only then did I realise how hungry I was. There was a fridge in the kitchen that looked promising so I started there first, a blast of cold air hit me when I opened the door but what I saw made me sick, rows and rows of blood bags lined the shelves. The same hypnotic substance that Dimitri had stolen from me for months and I couldn’t help wondering if it were my blood. I was woken out of my trans by a loud grumble coming from my stomach.

“Shoosh would you!” I whispered down to it “you’ll give me away”

“Talking to yourself I see” the sound of Dimitri’s voice made me jump.

His eyes burned into me as he took in my state.

“The transition has started earlier than I had thought.”

“What are you talking about?” I questioned

“You’ll see” he said as he started turning away

“No! Tell me now god damn-it!” I snap

He looked back at me stunned

“I have a right to know what is happening to me”

“You don’t have any rights!” he yelled “you are dead!”

“Are you insane! Of course in not dead”

“You are a vampire, Rachess couldn’t control his hunger and he drained you dry!”

I took a step back “your lying”

 “But he didn’t have the heart to just leave you there dead, so he fed you his blood and now you are a walking corpse”

“No”

“Don’t believe me?” he questioned and I just shook my head

“Then why don’t you have a heart beat?” he didn’t wait to find out the answer he walked away, leaving me with more questions than I had started out with.

“I can’t be dead” I say aloud

nervously I reach towards my wrist, searching desperately for a pulse but after a few painful seconds I realise Dimitri was right, I am dead.