chapter 4: endless day's are ending

Days rolled by much the same as the first. Dimitri would come in with food, he would wait till I have finished eating then he would make a small cut on my leg in a different place each time. He would fill the beaker half way, stitch me up then he would leave me curled in the corner. My legs were covered in gashes and stitches. I look down at my shredded legs and count each gash. There were 35. 15 on my right leg and 20 on my left. It feels like I have been here for years when in reality it was only about 5 weeks. The loss of blood and the lack of water has worn me down to a point were I don't even fight back anymore.

the sun starts to set and I know that Dimitri will be here soon... seconds tick by and soon I hear the familiar sound of the locks being opened and he steps into the room with a tray full of meat and water. I'm instantly ravishing and the constant thirst that I have had since I got here flared up to a maximum.

"Here you go Gracie" Dimitri says holding out the delicious food. i instantly dig into it loving the feel of the cools water running down my throat and i drink it so fast i nearly choke on it. I then reach for the steak. Ripping at it with my teeth and ignoring the knife and fork. Eating nothing but bread for five weeks has really turned me into an animal but when I'm finished I feel instantly better. Dimitri takes the tray away and moves for the door.

"W-where are you going?" I ask talking for the first time in weeks.

"You want me to stay and take more blood do u Gracie?" he says with a slight smile on his face. I shake my head vigorously and he smirks.

"You have finished you repenting, now you have to rest and get your strength up before we do the sacrificial ceremony".

I yelp "s-sacrificial?"

He smirks "don't worry your not the sacrifice". I breathed a sigh of relief but nearly choke on it when he says “you’re the dinner". I remember what he said he was summoning and nearly faint. He wants to feed me to the vampire! I have never believed in anything supernatural before but the loss of blood and iron might be getting to my head because i suddenly believe everything he has said.

 ooooh its a cliff hanger :) <3 <3