chapter 1: wrong place at the wrong time

please comment!!! i would really like to know how i did because this is my first ever attempt at writing!!!!!!   this chapter is dedicated to you... yes YOU.     xoxoxoxoxoxo                                               amy (amathyst green)

oh and picture of Grace Lee to the side... and a very kwl song that i love at the moment, which is too happy for this story but i put it up anyway.

 P.S my imaginary friend peter says hi (he's kinda a pervert but what are you gonna do?) ;)

 My hair whips back as the hot, African wind barrels past. The clicking on my shoes ring out I the empty street and I unconsciously reach for the bulge in my coat pocket where my knife is hidden. The cool feel of the blade calms my nerves as I turn the last corner to my house... my house, I sigh, a two room shed with a water tank on the side. I take in the view of my house, as I often do, and think "how did I get here"? I should be back in Australia with my brother and my friends. My eyes grow moist thinking about the two dogs I left behind and I blink away the tears that have been threatening to fall since I moved here two months ago. When my missionary parents caught me stealing an ipod they shipped me to Africa with them. a place where I'm always in danger. A place where I am constantly targeted because of my fair skin, cascading Blond hair and large green eyes. looking away from my temporary house and down to my dusty jeans I scuff my feet against the dirt that stretches out around me, so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the black Toyota speeding towards me until it completely block out my view of the sun that was hanging low over the horizon. I thought the car would just drive past but it suddenly screeched to a halt right in front of me kicking up red dirt that billowed around us like a blanket. I reached up to wipe the dirt out of my eyes and noticed that the doors on the Toyota were opening and two big burly men were getting out and moving towards me.

My heart started racing as all the stories about kidnappers swirled around my head. i could see their shadows in the dust coming closer and closer. i turned on my heel and started to run down the empty street. The sound of footsteps rang out and my heart jumped again, they were following me. Reasons for why they were following me danced in my head but I couldn't come up with any good ones. Their footsteps were getting closer and I knew if I didn't do something soon they were definitely going to catch me. The air in my chest started to burn as my feet pounded against the dirt, trying to get as much distance between me and the men as possible. I risked a look behind me and saw that the men who were chasing me were in their mid 30's and could have been attractive once upon a time. The one on the right looked like he'd had his nose broken a few times and the one on the left had badly died blond hair that was growing back at the roots. I turned a corner and I nearly fell over with relief, I knew this street! Declan lived here! All I had to do was get to his house before the... a hand shot out and grabbed my shirt, pulling me backwards into the strangers arms. I tried to reach for my knife while kicking and struggling but the blond one had his hands wrapped around my arms.                              

"Is this grace?" asked the one who was holding me.

"Yeah, I think it is" the other said between breathless gasps. “you can run quite fast can't you love?"

"Don’t call me love" I spat back at him  

The blond sneered at me”what you gonna do about it?"  

I lent over so his arms were up to my face. 

"OOOOUCH, she bit me!!" the blond cried to his friend which was met with laughter.

"Really?" he said between chuckles “be care-full, she might pull your hair."   

"I wouldn’t put my hands near your filthy hair!”

"You little bitch" he roared as he pulled his hand up to strike me. I flinched away waiting for the impact.

"Mark don't!" the blond said and he swung me around so he put his body between me and mark. "You know the boss wants her clean, we put any bruises on her and the price goes down. Mark took a calming breath "you right, but tell the little brat to keep her big mouth shut." he hissed looking at me. I didn't trust my voice not to wobble so i just nodded at him and let them drag me around the corner and into their car, all the while silent tears falling down my face.