Chapter 15

Chapter 15

For a moment after I open my eyes, my mind stays blank. It's only when I blink away the foggy light and sit up that it all rushes back to me.

Cautiously, I look around and try to stop my head from spinning painfully. I realise where we are: the ruins. We're home.

Nessie is laying beside me so I reach out, frantically, and shake her shoulder.

"Nessie! wake up!" I hiss loudly.

She groans and attempts to push my hand away, like she always does when I try to wake her up.

"Jess?" she mumbles, rubbing her eyes.

"Ness!" I exclaim and shake her again. "wake up sleepy head we made it, we're home!"

When Nessie hears this she freezes and opens her eyes. Laughing, she sits up and scans the area around us.

"Your right!" she shouts loudly, suddenly wide awake and full of energy. She gets up and runs to wake everyone up.

Everyone groans and complains for a while after they wake up. Then Amy calls out.

"What time is it?"

Christina scrambles around in the dim light streaming through the huge glass window, to try and find her phone. She turns it on and flinches away from the bright screen.

"Quarter to 1." she replies.

Which means we have only been gone for less than 3 hours.

"What time have we got to be home?" Nessie turns to me.

It takes me a few seconds to remember, "2, I think. Which gives us a while."

"Anyone hungry? I've got some money so I vote pizza!" Josh says from the other end of the room. We all agree on pizza.

Back in the daylight of the afternoon sun, Nessie bites her lip.

"What are we going to tell mum?" she asks.

"You tell her that we went for a walk and there were definitely no strange parallel universes, dragons, tigers and other crazy stuff involved." Elena says appearing behind us.

"Sounds like a plan." I wink at her.

"What about Josh though?" Amy asks, as she walks beside Seth.

"His mum isn't going to miss those scratches the tiger gave him." she continues to explain.

Josh bites his lip, "I'm going to cross that bridge when I come to it." He shrugs.

We all laugh as we go through the doors into the pizza restaurant.

"Do you know what the best part is?" I say quietly to Nessie. she raises an eyebrow, "what?"

"We still have those six weeks of school holidays ahead of us." I smile and link my fingers with hers.

The End

I hope you enjoyed this story and thanks for reading!

I'm planning on writing another story soon.

:) xx