Lost Paradise

(Author's note: Hi, this is my first story and I apologise for any spelling mistakes and stuff. Please tell me what you think and I hope you enjoy it! xx)

Intro

"Jess, wake up!" Someone shouts in my ear. I groan and pull my pillow over my face.

"Come on! We have 6 weeks off school and if you don't wake up you'll sleep right through it!" the voice shouts.

Dazzling, morning light streams into the room and I see my sister, Nessie, stood over me. She laughs and begins to run out the room

"Ok! I'm coming." I yawn and throw my pillow at her playfully.

Who needs an alarm clock when you've got an awesome sister?

Well, that's how my Saturday started: woken up at 6 am.

Nessie and I are twins, we're not identical but we feel like we are. We think the same, we act the same and we sometimes finish each other's sentences. It's like I can read her mind. Creepy.

But she's right we have 6 weeks ahead of us and no plans. Suddenly, I'm startled out of my daydream by the phone. I race across the kitchen to pick it up.

"Hello?" I ask cautiously, who is ringing us at 7 in the morning?

"Hey Jess! It's Christina!" A voice says from the phone.

"Oh hi, Chrissy!" I exclaim happily. "What's up?" Christina is one of our best friends from school and I'm glad to hear from her.

"I need you and Ness to meet me at the den. Is half 10 ok?" she asks me.

I catch Nessie watching me as I speak, wondering what was going on. I bite my lip and pace backwards and forwards across the living room.

"Yes that's fine. See you then." I say. Then she's gone, the phone silent in my hand.

I explain to Nessie what Christina had said.

"So we are meeting her in 3 hours?" She asks, finishing her toast. I nod in reply.

"Right then. I'm off for a shower." Then she's gone.

Looks like we did have plans for the holidays after all.