Chapter Nine

**Bella's POV**

We walk into the ball room and it is absolutely stunning. It literally takes my breath away. There were beautiful crystal chandeliers hanging on the very tall ceiling. Bright white lights were everywhere. People were mingling and some were dancing together. Classic music was playing in the background. Kyle took my arm in his and escorted me in and I start looking for Jess. I am excited to be here but a bit nervous especially now that me and Kyle almost kissed for the first time. Jess always calms me down. I finally spot her and we walk over towards them.

We talk to Jess and Blake for a while until Blake asked Jess to dance. I could see how excited she was. Her eyes had this glint of true happiness when she looked at Blake. I have a feeling this is going to be something serious. I mean the guy stayed around after seeing one of her scary rants. After most guys see her temper or a rant they get out of there as fast as they can and change their number. She needed a strong man that could handle her because she was a strong independent woman and she deserved a King to stand by her since she was an amazing Queen.

"Do you want to dance Bella?" Kyle asked breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Of course Kyle." I say grabbing his hand.

We walk towards the ballroom and begin dancing I place my arms around his neck and lean my head on his very muscular chest. I feel him wrap his arms around my waist and pull me closer. We looked into each others eyes intently. He is so handsome tonight and if he wasn't my boss I would seriously be thinking of a one night stand. I want a relationship with him. I just want to know that he is truly ready for a real relationship with me. I don't want to get my heart broken. I know I have to keep my feelings in check but he makes it so hard. I act like it doesn't bother me but honestly it really does. He drives me crazy and he is willing to try to change for me. He will probably want his answer at the end of the night. I'm just scarred to get my heartbroken. What if it doesn't work out and our friendship is ruined.

The whole time we danced it felt like we were the only ones in the room. I liked being in his arms. I felt so safe and like I didn't have to have my guard up around him. It felt amazing to just relax and be my normal goofy self. The song ended and we took a seat at a table with some business friends that Kyle knew since he was a little boy.

"Hey Val and Dan" Kyle said politely to the older couple.

"Oh Kyle you look so handsome in that tux" Val said while getting up to hug him.

"Thank you Val, you look absolutely beautiful." He said hugging her back.

"Who may this be Kyle" they both asked at the same time.

"This is my P.A. Bella"

I put my hand out to shake theirs but they both hugged me at the same time. I was kind of shocked and look over to Kyle but he had a confused expression on his face as well. Finally they pull away.

"Sorry dear but we aren't use to Kyle having decent girlfriends" Val says.

"We don't date. We are just co-workers. I'm here with him as a friend" I say with a small smile.

"Well, Kyle I think you need to make her more than a friend. She is the only girl I have seen you with that isn't clinging to you like you are the last man on the earth or looking like a complete bimbo."

Kyled chuckled. "Yes ma'am I know. Bella is truly different that is for sure. I'm trying to make her more that just a friend but Bella is not an easy girl to get a date with but I will wait as long as I have to for her. She deserves the best and I want to be sure I can give that to her. She isn't the girl that wants all the material things my money can buy. She wants something real. She wants a man to give her his heart and be devoted to her and love her for her. She deserves that man and I hope I can be that man for her." He says looking at me the whole time. I had tears filling in my eyes. I was still in shock and I had no clue what to say to him. Luckily Val spoke up so I had more time to think of what to say to him after that heart warming speech.