>>7<<

Ari laughed nervously at the cop.

" N-no officer, I didn't...." she said.

" You were going 90 miles an hour....."

The cop lowered his Sun glasses as he examined her papers.

He walked back to his car to go over everything.

" lets take off while he's distracted!" Said Sideswipe voice through the dash.

Ari banged her head on the wheel.

" idiot idiot idiot...." she whispered.

" Its a good idea....." added the bot. Ari sighed....like she would say to the police.

" Oh Officer, it wasn't my fault! My car that turns into a robot was speeding....and I couldn't slow him down...it was him not me..."

She would sound like she was on drugs.....drugs.....

A idea hit her.....

She reached inside her bag and pulled out a small ziplock bag with allergy pills.

" Lets hope he buys this...." she whispered.

When Officer Burns returned, he handed her back her license and papers.

" You have a perfect record and I would hate to ruin your CDL. Give me a reason not to fine you...."

Ari held up the bag.

" I have a friend with heart problems. He left this at a park yesterday. And he needs it right now!

The officer looked at the bag and studied it, then looked back at her.

" What's your friend's name?"

Ari gave him a sweet smile. She was only partly lying. She did have a friend with heart problems....these were not his pills....

" Alexander Olsen." She replied.

Officer Burns pulled out a IPad and googled the name.

As Ari said, his name matched her story. Putting the pad away he sighed.

" Ms. Smith, I really don't want to ruin your record. So lets make a deal. I give you a verbal warning as long as you try not to speed unless absolutely nessescarry ok?"

The teen nodded.

" Yes sir, I completely agree. I should have been watching my.speed anyways."

The officer nodded and returned to his vehicle. One of the stickers on his car caught her eye.

She could have promised it looked just like the symbol Sideswipe had...

She blinked and tried to get a better look, but Officer Burns had already drove off.

Ari tilted her head at a loud " THWUN THWUM " noise. She looked out the back window to see a white and orange helicopter flying about.

" Huh....that's strange..." the teen whispered.

Once the officer was out of sight, Sideswipe started up and drove off.

" Did you just lie to a police officer?" The bot asked. Ari rolled her eyes.

" I told him part of the truth...."

Sideswipe scoffed.

" So you lied to him...."

" no....I didn't tell him the entire truth...that's all..." she sighed.

As they continued their trip, Ari was sure to keep an eye on their speed and making sure Sides was behaving.