Little White Lies and An Accidental Encounter {Part 1}

~Levy~

"Ah, nothing better then to sit down a read a new book," I sighed, sitting down at one of the many café tables in Magnolia and flipping to the first page of my new book I just got yesterday. It was the perfect day for being outside.

"Ma'am, would you like anything?"

I glanced up at a waiter, he was probably nineteen at least. I will admit, he looked cute. Shaggy white hair and blue eyes. It worked for him. But I wasn't interested.

"How about a vanilla milkshake?" I asked.

He nodded and walked back off inside the café to go prepare my drink.

I smiled and started to read my new book. I've been waiting for this book to be done for a while now. The author is very strict about her writing and wouldn't let me read it until it was done. But I shouldn't be complaining, I'm the first one to be reading it.

I flipped to the first page to see a dedication. I quickly read it.

I felt my face turn a light pink after reading it and a smile spread across my face.

"Ma'am,"

I looked up again to see my waiter with my vanilla milkshake in his hands.

I graciously took it and smiled at him. "Thank you,"

He smiled sweetly and walked back off.

"So, what did you want to do today Gajeel? It's pretty nice out you know,"

I froze as I heard Lily's voice close by. I pulled down my floppy white hat so it covered my blushing face.

I never expected to see those two here. Today I was planning on having some time by myself to read my book. And to wear some new clothes I bought with Lucy one time.

I felt my face grow hotter as I thought about how embarrassed I'd be if Gajeel saw me in what I'm wearing. Actually, I'd be embarrassed if anyone I knew saw me like this. But Gajeel, really? Out of everyone I knew it just had to be him.

"Tch, I don't know," I heard the familiar voice say. "I kind of wanted to check up on the Shrimp, I haven't seen her in a while."

I felt my heart beat against my chest. He wanted to see me? He wanted to spend time with me? I grabbed my milkshake and discreetly took a sip of it while pretending to read my book, actually listening to their conversation.

"Sure, it has been a while," Lily said. "Besides, I want a front row seat for when you finally tell Levy that you like her,"

I, almost, spit out my milkshake onto my book out of surprise. I quickly tried to regain my compose and continued to 'read my book'.

"S-Shut up! I don't like her like that," he said defensivley.

I frowned and took another sip of my drink. I knew it sounded to good to be true. Why would he like me when he could like another girl that's more beautiful?

"Sure Gajeel, deny it all you want, but you know it's true," Lily said back with a defeated sigh.

"Hey, that girl over there looks familiar, don't you think?" Gajeel said.

I tried to stay calm, there's no way he could be talking about me. Maybe he thinks he sees Lucy or Erza up ahead, I don't know. But hopefully not me.

"Yeah, she almost looks like Levy," Lily said, their voices and footsteps getting closer to me.

"But that can't be though 'cause the Shrimp said she was going out of town for a quick little job today," Gajeel said back.

Right, another reason why I didn't want people seeing me is because I said to everyone that I was going to be leaving town for the day on an easy request for help. I just didn't want to be bothered today, so I just told up a little white lie.