Chapter Three . . . The Truth

“Oh my god, but what . . . you. This is so unbelievable,” I said. I don’t know what to believe. This story of his, it sounds just like fiction. He sat down next to me again and took my hands in his. He smiled at me as he tried to speak.

    “Marilyn, darling. I know this is hard to understand, but you need to know it’s even harder to tell. I should probably begin by telling you I’m not a wizard, vampire nor a monster. I’m some sort of a shape-shifter . . . ehm, all I know is that I can’t shift into anything.” He looked at me with a frightened look. I didn’t know what to answer or think. I couldn’t just say I understand, because I really don’t. My eyes couldn’t face his, because I’m too scared to. He pressed his hands against my face.

    “Please look at me, I need you to understand that I’m not the one you need to be afraid of. There are others, like the man who killed my parents. I really need you to understand that” A tear ran down his cheek and I dried it away with my finger. Then I faced his eyes trying not to look away.

    “Keep talking” I said.

    “I’m this shape-shifter who can’t shift, but I can use powers that I’ve watched being preformed by others.”

    “Can you do the spell Kyle preformed?” I interrupted him out of curiosity.

    “No, sorry. I can’t do spells that needs a formula to preform”

    “But . . . You did say it!”

    “Yes, but the formula isn’t all about saying it. You have to activate obstacles in the body too. So I need a spell book to understand how he did it.” I nodded so he could understand that I got it, because I’m speechless. His beautiful looking eyes took my attention. I have to try to concentrate not to let my mind wander along. Then he continued.

    “Anyways, you’re slowly changing into something. I hate that I didn’t know that when I slept with you, but Kyle made me forget. So when I left you I went back home to London, where I could find myself some peace … you don’t know how much I missed you. I j…” I had to interrupt again.

    “Then why did you leave in the first place, If you didn’t know that I would change into this” I had to think for a moment, because I really didn’t know what to call it.

    “Something”

    “I was going to come to that. I just wanted to save the worst for last.”

    “I think I will need the positive in the end” I looked at him, just hoping he would tell me it first.

    “There’s nothing positive or satisfying in this story!” His voice stiffened.

    “Well fine then, just get to the end!”

    “Okay . . . I went home and a couple of months later I got a very pleasant visit from a girl named Sarah Wayne . . .” He stopped for a second, looking at my expression.

    “It’s not what you think. She’s someone I’ve known for quite a long time. She’s a friend of me and one of the descendants of the master”

    “Who’s the master?”

    “He’s the master of my kind you might say. He was killed a couple of years ago”

   “Might say?” He laughed at me. His smile drew my mind away. My mind started wandering again, but I didn’t realize I was gone before he hit me in the head.