Prologue . . . Another Ending

I chose to write this because I thought it would make me feel better. I thought it would make me smile every morning when I look into the mirror. I was wrong, I’m always wrong.

   I believed his face every time he smiled at me. We could talk for hours, no … more than hours. I remember the first time we kissed, the first time we fought.

     A teardrop fell onto the unopened letter from him, the letter that I’ve been too afraid to open. It’s about time that I open it, because it’s been a year since he left me here to rot. I can’t believe a man like him would do such thing. I thought the moral thing was to take me with him, but apparently not.

    I let my fingers slip against the unopened letter. I took my finger beneath the paper and ripped it open. The small boyish font made my eyes wet as I read what he had written.

I’m so sorry.

I didn’t believe that this would be such a great danger to you.

Me loving you, it would never work out where I come from.

So therefore I left. I’ll wish you the best, before it’s too late.

Hope you can understand . . .

~Jake

The words pinched me and made my eyes tear up even more. His name is so painful to read. His name makes me happy, but it also makes me remember everything we had, or what I thought we had. I wish I just could erase everything about him, to never think about the day that his lips accidently pressed against mine. I swear I could feel his lips weeks later. Everything about him is unforgettable, and that makes it so hard to forget him. Why did he leave me in the first place? Whatever the reason were, . . . I probably would never know.

    My phone lit up, as I was about to go to bed. I saw the heading and it said “Unknown Sender” the letters sent a cold up my spine. All my hopes went up as I picked up my phone. I drew my finger across the pad to slide it open. It said click and all my nerves are on fire. The message said,

I’ve made a huge mistake . . . I’m coming back home.

~Jake

I guess the truth will be reviled after all.