Chapter 23

Chapter 23- Paperwork

I felt something shaking me when I started to wake up. I opened my eyes and saw Jay smiling at me. Then I noticed that I was no longer being carried, I was sitting up against a tree at the edge of the forest by the gathering grounds. I smiled at him then stood up beside him.

“Did you sleep well sweetheart?” he said with a slight laugh in his voice.

“Yes I slept wonderfully. Thank you for asking.”

“Dream about anything interesting?” he raises his eyebrow at me.

“Actually yes I did, I dreamt about the sexiest and most amazing man in have ever known.” I said to him raising my eyebrows back at him.

“Oh so you were dreaming of me then.”

“No I was dreaming about Johnny Depp.” I said holding back laughter.

He growled and pulled my body close to his. He lifted up my legs and put them around his waist.

“You know I don’t think that is quite true, because I am the sexiest, funniest, most amazing man you have ever known.” He said in one growl.

I started laughing at him he was so adorable when he was jealous and growly. He grabbed my butt and squeezed me impossibly closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kiss his check in attempt to calm him down. He took a deep breath and rested his forehead against my shoulder.

After a few minutes I cough a little to get his attention. He lifts his head up again and looks at me with a lust filled gaze. I clear my throat and try to move away from his excited friend down below. I clear my throat and nudge against him, trying to get him to put me down. He finally gets the hint and sets me down on my own two feet.

“Well now that’s over, what did you wake me up for?” I asked Jay.

“Well we are going to have to tell the council that we are mates and everything. I just thought that you might want to be awake for that.” Jay says laughing a little at me.

I stick my tongue out at him like a five year old, and start walking towards the gathering grounds and the council. I could feel Jay walking behind me staring holes into my butt. I stopped and he ran right into me. I turn around with my hands on my hips and cock my head. I give him a look that says, “Seriously”, and he rubs that back of his neck blushing, embarrassed.

I hide my smile until I turn back around and a huge smile overtakes my features. I swing my hips a little more to tease Jay and laugh when I hear a low growl. As soon as I start to laugh I feel Jay’s hands grab me from behind.

“That wasn’t very nice sweetheart.” He said into my ear.

I giggle at him and move forward again, only to have him pull me back and throw me over his shoulder. I cross my arms even though he can’t see me I glare into his back, hoping he can feel my deadly gaze in his spine. By the way he started laughing I am pretty sure that he got my message.

“I thought you would have known better than to throw me over your shoulder again, especially after last time.” I said to him, completely serious.

He stopped walking for a moment and seemed to consider my words carefully, but then he started walking again with a confident stride.

“I think I will take my chances sweetheart.” He turned his head to look at me and had a smirk donning his handsome face.

I turn away so he can’t see my face anymore and contemplate on doing what I did earlier to him, but decide against it. I feel him pull me down, with his hands supporting me. I feel my toes hit the floor and I look up at Jay and raise my eyebrows.

“So you’re going to take your chances, huh?” I say with a smirk to match his.

“No I would have, but I thought that you wouldn’t want your first impression on the council to be of your lovely behind.”

I gasped and smacked his arms, then I took his hand in mine and fidgeted nervously. He gripped my hand tighter and started pulling us forward. We made it out of the forest finally. Though it felt like we had been out all night, the moon was still high in the sky. We made our way to the councilmen to officiate our mating.

When we finally came upon the table the councilmen said nothing, but gestured for us to fill out the papers. Jay took a paper from the stack, it was kind of like a contract, but it was only official papers stating that we are true mates. After we both sign the paper, we hand it to the first councilman at the table. The last thing we do is sign our names on the paper for the people that have come out of the games already.

When we finish with all of the formalities we take each other’s hands and turn towards the councilmen. “Is that all we need to do?” Jay asks.

One of the councilmen gives us a smile and says “Yes that is all you can leave if you like.”

We smile back at them and turn to leave. Once we are far enough away I sigh in relief. I don’t know why, but I had a horrible feeling in my gut the whole time we were facing the councilmen. I lean against Jay and smile.

“So where are we going now?” I ask curiously.

“Well I figured we could go to where your pack was staying and stay there for the night, and then get your things, so you could meet my family tomorrow.”

 “That sounds good” I say not really hearing what he had said because my eyes are already starting to close.

I feel Jay pick me up giving out a low laugh. I smile into his chest and sigh in contentment. I give one last effort and throw my arms around his neck and let my head rest on his shoulder, and let sleep take me.