Chapter 16

Chapter 16- Panic

I woke up to the feeling that someone was watching me. I looked over and Max was sitting in the chair beside the cot I was lying on. When he saw that I was awake he got up from the chair and hugged me.

"You scared all of us for a second Sophia, your brother would have killed me if you would have gotten kidnapped or worse."

"Don't worry Max it wouldn't have been your fault if I did, you all were out before me. Plus you guys were the ones that saved me."

I smiled reassuringly at him and sat up. I was about to get up when I remembered my leg was injured. I threw the blanket off my legs to look at my wound, but was met with a perfectly fine leg. I was confused because even with my fast healing it was supposed to take a couple of days at least to heal my leg.

I look at Max and ask "How long have I been sleeping?"

Max thought for a second and started to rub the back of his neck.

"Uhh... You have been out of it for three days. The Mating Games start tomorrow, Sophia."

What he said immediately sank in and I sat back against the wall beside my cot. I can't believe that the games are so close. I take a deep shaky breath a close my eyes to take this in.  I don't know what I am going to do, I know I told the Moon Goddess that I would accept my mate, but I just don't think I am ready for this yet. I jump up from the cot and run outside into the woods.

I hadn't even realized I shifted until I stopped. I felt my fur whipping against my body as I started running again. It felt good to run after I had been laying in that cot for so long. I finally stopped when I reached a beautiful clearing with a small waterfall. I shift back into my human form and step into the water, hoping to find some relief in the water.

I want to relax for a little while until I have to face reality again. I dive under water to feel that weightlessness, to feel free. I just did not want to feel anything for a moment, a moment of peace, it is exactly what I need. I don't know how long I have been under, but I love the feeling it gives me. I break the surface of the water and feel the suns warmth hitting my skin. I relish in the moment while I can, I know soon I will have to go back to Max and face the mating games, just not right now.

I swim over to the waterfall because I have always wanted to know what it’s like to be underneath one. I am under the waterfall and I have to admit it’s not as nice as I thought it would be, with the weight of all the water pounding on your back. I turn around and see that there is a huge cave behind the wall of water. I walk into the cave, and its beauty rivals that of the waterfalls. The light that breaks through the water gives off a rainbow color over the whole cave.

I knew that the longer I stayed, the harder it would be to leave so I turned and dove back into the water and surfaced on the other side of the waterfall. The first thing I noticed when I came up from beneath the water, was that I wasn't alone. I turned towards the shore and saw someone there. I swam closer and saw that it was Levi. I stopped swimming knowing if I got any closer he would be able to see my nakedness.

I cleared my throat still looking at him, wondering when he would notice me standing there. Levi jumped at the sound and his eyes shot to me. He blushed a little, which I thought was hilarious. A big bad wolf, blushing. I started laughing at him and stopped when I saw him smirking at me.

He started stripping off his clothes, and now I was the one blushing. I turned my head to the side so I could only see him out of the corner of my eye, but when I saw him take his underwear off I turned my head fully towards the waterfall so I couldn't see him anymore.

I heard a splash then felt him swimming towards me. He didn't stop until he was right behind me. I swam forward a little bit then turned towards him.

"So what are you doing out here?" I asked him.

"Well I was taking a run when I smelt your scent, and followed it here. When I didn't see you here I was about to mind link everyone and look for you."

"Oh." was all I said to his response.

He tilts his head at me, thinking about something, "So where were you? You just kind of appeared."

"Well when I went over to the waterfall I discovered a hidden cave. It was beautiful. You should check it out sometime."

He looks curiously at the waterfall and smiles, "Well I might just go check it out now."

He swims towards the waterfall, but all I notice is his naked ass swimming away from me. Once he reaches the waterfall I snap out of it, and I see him glance back at me smirking again, like he knows that I was checking him out the whole time.

He turns back and enters into the cave and I can't help but wonder what he thinks of it.

After a couple minutes I see him come out. He looks a bit mystified and I know that he was just as awed as I was by the cave.

When he reaches me he says, "Wow that was amazing, I wonder how I never stumbled onto that before. I mean I have lived here my whole life and you find it in the little time your here."

I smirk at him liking that I found the cave first. I notice that it is about lunch time and decide that it’s time to go back, only I don't want to get out and let him see me.

"Uhh, Levi do you mind looking away so I can get out and shift. I need to get back for lunch."

"Sure but first you have to play a little game with me." I see him smirk once again and know that I should be nervous about this so called game.