Chapter 21

Chapter 21- Two Futures

I take a step backward and stare at the man that looks exactly like Levi. Not knowing what to say I gesture for him to tell me who he is. When he didn't say anything after a few minutes I spoke up.

"Who are you? I know you are my mate, but I still want to know who you are!"

"Sorry Sophia, I am just a bit shocked that you know my brother. Look Sophia he is my twin that is why you thought I was Levi. My name is Jay. So how do you know my brother?"

I was shocked, why didn't Levi tell me he had a brother, let alone a twin. I sat down again, I needed a moment to process this. It was just yesterday that I was talking to Levi, and now I find out that he has a brother.

"This is so crazy." I said with my head in my hands rubbing my eyes.

"That didn't answer my question as to how you know my brother." Jay said with his arms crossed over his chest.

I sighed and answered him. "Well when I was at the gathering I went to a meeting with my Alpha because of a disturbance with the Rogue King, and that is where I met Levi. We only talked a few more times after that."

I blushed slightly when I thought about the last time we talked in the clearing, when we were both naked. I think Jay knew there was more to the story when he saw me blush, because he raised his eyebrows at me as if to say 'that's all that happened?’ I looked away from his calculating gaze, but he didn't question me further as to how I knew Levi.

Jay sat down next to me and put his arms around my shoulders He pulled me over to lean against him and started rubbing circles on my back. I relaxed in to his side and breathed in his scent. He leaned over me and put his chin on my head and did the same.

"I'm sorry for freaking out on you, it was just a little shocking finding someone that looks just like someone else you know and they don't remember you. Plus I have been through a lot this past week. I just need a break, I need to relax for a minute."

"It's okay I understand and you can tell me all about it later. You can relax now for a little bit."

As he was talking my eyes started to droop and I was soon in a different time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was standing in my dream meadow once again and the sun was shining beautifully through the trees. I look across the meadow and see Jay with a bright smile on his handsome face and I smile back at him. I realize that he was the man in my dreams the whole time. I don't know how I didn't realize it before when I met Levi. I was walking towards him when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head and see that the person holding me back, was the Moon Goddess.

She smiled at me, but it looked sad in a way. “I know you don't want a mate, but you need him Sophia. He will help you through the dark times ahead. To help you make your choice I am going to show you parts of the future with both choices you could make. I will start with what will happen if you don't accept Jay."

She puts her hands on either side of my head and I am back with Jay in the woods.

-----------------------------------------------

"Sophia we should get going, get you out of the cold. We also need to sign the papers with the council, telling them that we are mates."

I look up at Jay and see him smiling softly down at me. I just look back with regret and sadness. I pull away from him and stand. I turn away and say softly, "Jay I don't want a mate, I never have. I reject you Jay as mate. This never could have worked out."