Chapter One-Thirty two years ago

Hey everyone :) Thanks for reading, i really appreciate it, it means a lot to me. Vote? Fan? :) If you want me to check out/vote on your story, send me the link :) Todays song of the day: How To Save a Life by the Fray :) in the sidebar. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up in my tent, another normal day with my mom and her co-workers was about to start. Yesterday, they started uncovering some slaves' house, they estimated that it was built three thousand years ago... I don't like Egypt, especially when i know that all the things egyptians believed in aren't real. Unlike the gods of Olympus.... Unlike the monsters that haunt me, unlike the nimphes, cyclops, hippocampis, centaurs, pegasi, satirs or hell hounds... I can name hundreds of those, but the point it, ancient Greeks weren't just some crazy empire which made up myths. Ancient greeks could see through the mist, the magical mist that hides my world from mortals, and even nowadays, there are some descends of ancient greeks who see my world just the way i do. Weird, huh? A normal ten year old girl would wake ip in her comfy bed and have some proper breakfast. Well, i wasn't a normal ten year-old... I wish i was... I already knew this might be my last day, my last chance to prevent Kronos from rising for the next few decades, untill the world was truely ready to fight back. 

I got up, well sat up is more correct, since the tent was only big enough for that. I could already feel the heat of the rising sun, and in a couple of hours it will become unbearable. I didn't even bother changing into pyjamas last night, so i was already wearing my light all in one suit with some old combat boots. I unzipped the door of the tent and crawled outside. As usual, the heat hit me the second i opened the door. 

My mom and the three of her co-workers, two tall middle-aged men and a short, thin woman in her twenties. They were sitting on a blanket, which had some food in the middle, but i truely wasn't hungry, i hated egypt, i hated that unbearable heat, i hate the food, the fake-gods... I hated the fact that i spent most of my short life there, running after my mom who only cared about her findings.

"Good morning, sweetie!" my mother said.

"Good morning, mom" i said, but it wasn't a good morning, it truely wasn't. "I'm going for a walk" i said

"Alright honey, but mind the scorpions" she warned me. More like mind the monsters that can sense your precense from the other side of the planet. However, there aren't much monsters in Egypt, since egyptians have their own 'gods' even though they're not real, no monster wants to live in a country where they believe in stuff like that. Well, no monster, except for Kronos.... 

I slowly started walking away, sometimes struggling to stay on my feet and sometimes sinking knee-deep into the hot sand. I don't know for how long i've been walking, but i guess i covered a mile... I needed time to think, time to get ready, but i didn't have that. Tht strange, scary dream of  Hades, not even completely a dream, but a god talking to me. I didn't know what he meant, but i knew the end was soon. THe only thing that gave me hope, was that wicked, scary last line of our conversation:

This is not the end, your time will come again

What could that mean?! Seriously, gods, who speculate the modern world everyday, why can't they stop talking in riddles and just get straight to the point?

I felt something weird, the feeling i always get when there's a monster nearby, but a much stronger version of that. I could feel the precense of something big, something big and powerful, and tonnes of negative energy. Why can't i just be a normal mortal? If i could choose, i would never have chosen to be born as a demi-goddess. Really. I looked around, trying not to panic. If i panic, i'll set fire to the place.... See, the blessing of Hades is more of a curse....

I looked around and saw him. I saw it, the sand rising to form a huge body. A huge, ugly shape was forming, the sand was sizzling and the sunn was vicious.  I knew it was coming... 

I pushed my legs as fast as i could in the opposite direction, I ran and ran, and ran, untill i was out of breath, but this chase was pointless, he only had to take a step to reach me. I had to do it now, o had to crash him back into the ground for a few more decades, untill the time is right.

As i thought, he did take a step to reach me,  i could the icy coldness of Kronos, the titan that freezes time. I took a deep breath. Coldness, yes that's why Hades blessed me, Hades blessed me with his powers, the powers of fire and death.... Death... 

I concentrated on him, his voice was rumbling through the air, but i wasn't listening. I had no idea what he was saying, i just concentrated on getting all my powers together. I could feel the fire in my hands, i knew i had to do it... Now, before he stopped talking and tried killing me, before the greatest mistake was made. It, the ruthless souless creature, the lord of time, was standing ten metres away from me. This will kill us both, but i have to do this. I collected all the power i had, and i  murmured the spell under my breath, the forbidden fire curse. Everything happened so fast, i couldn't even see the titan anymore. Sand, the sand was on fire, covering everything. The heat was unbearable, the sand blocked my vision, but i could hear the titan's last cry, he was gone for good. The sand wrapped around me, killing me with my own spell, it squashed me, kept hitting and burning me and after a few seconds of this torture, everything went black. Everything.