Mason & Katy: Tragic Irony

A/n yes, I know you've all be waiting for it-this chapter does contain some BDSM :) 

Mason and Katy: Tragic Irony 

Finally, a moment alone; no florist coming to her about some of the flowers wilting, no bakers coming to her whether the fondant being 'millennial' pink rather than 'dusty' pink would be an issue and no caterers to quibble with over the ever changing special requirements menu. Right now, she gets a little bit of quiet. It's in that silence, all dolled up, it hits her. She has no doubts about Mason, especially seeing as their already functioning as a married couple but standing in the white dress, hair done, face done, Katy can't believe she's doing this another time. Of course, this time it's under no duress and she's actually getting everything she dreamt of in a wedding. Even the dress. 

The tulle skirted, sweat-heart neck lined ball gown was exactly what she envisioned. Except it hadn't been what she'd thought she'd paid for.

In the bridal shop, she'd tried the dress on but it had been out of her designated budget. Instead she'd settled on a simpler (and less costly) mermaid style gown. Clearly her bridesmaids (some of them being her future sister-in-laws) had seen her dimmed demeanor despite her arguing otherwise. The pesky family members and friends had then gone behind her back and not only told the shop to reserve the ball gown one but contacted Mason and told him he needed to swap the dresses and pay the difference. Her future husband, who'd from day 1 told her not to budget the dress so strictly, had been delighted to comply.

The woman in the mirror rolls her eyes. Katy can't really fault them. After all family meddles and well, this good kind of meddling she can handle. She's always wanted the quintessential American dream life and a big family is right at the top of that list.

And now she can.

There's a knock at the door. Katy supposes it's a cue for her seeing as her girls are already lined up and ready to walk. Thank God, they'd managed to wrangle up a church big enough. She's not too religious but for the sake of her mom and because it's a beautiful building she was sold. Convincing Mason was not hard at all, in fact the hardest part was trying to sell him on a light pink tie. That had not gone down well and they'd compromised with him agreeing to go navy to match his suit and fit in with the scheme. At least she'd gotten him to wear the suit with a tie which Adrian promised to do for him.

"Ready darlin'?"

Katy gives her mirror self a nod and turns to Zach. He's been the surrogate father she never imagined she'd need but is so extremely thankful for. Her own dad was a mellow man and Zach is relatively mellow but it's not hard to tell where the boys get their protective streak from.