Zach & Rachel: Vegas Bliss

Zach and Rachel: Vegas Bliss

Rachel slowly arose to the sounds of the city. Though as the name suggests Sin City was certainly a lot louder in the night, the daytime still gives it a run for its money. Her hand rakes across her face, gaining a smear of last night's make-up, to which she groans at.

God, what a night.

She remembered everything up until the point Zach and her hit the casino's. After that it was a delightful blur of cocktails and laughter. Before that though....

Her head turns to the side as she takes in the man in her bed. The man she made her husband last night.

For a moment, her heart swells with happiness and joy before she realizes she looks a mess.
As quiet as she can, Rachel tiptoes out of the bed and rushes for the bathroom, still in her (now, rumpled up) wedding dress. The reflection is the mirror is horrifying. Christ.

She does the best clean-up she can before contemplating the crazy lifestyle choice she's just accepted.

It had seemed inevitable. Either she and Zach would stay together after this wild trip or they'd go their separate ways but she didn't think this would happen so soon.

Of course, she doesn't regret it. She'd only been slightly tipsy saying her vows and as such she remembered knowing with the absolute certainty at the time that it's what she wants. Zach is it for her. Even if he wasn't her 'soulmate'. He's it.
Spending weeks now together, she's seen him at his worst points as he has with her. They got through it. And they've shockingly, managed to get through it all without once having sex. A man like him, she was sure would be out seeking it. She was sure he wouldn't be able to last the weeks, wouldn't want to but when he wasn't with her, he always informed her of his location. Sure, he could have lied to her but why would he, when she'd made it explicitly clear he doesn't owe her his fidelity.
Now though, now he does.
But what if? What if, she can't satisfy him? What if she's no good in bed? What if he doesn't find her physically attract or adequate?

God, she'd just die if a man like him rejects her like that.

Her eyes wander down to the golden band on her finger. The gleaming jewellery seems to speak to her. It reassures her it's going to be fine. Everything's going to be fine. She's his wife, he's her husband; it'll all be fine.

With that delusion cemented in her mind, Rachel does her best to detangle her hair. She's pretty sure she also had a veil, which is hopefully somewhere on the hotel floor and not flying around the streets of Las Vegas.