Chapter 25: Los Angels.

"Mommy and sis will be back before you know it." I say to Nicholas who is trying hard to hold back his tears. He nods. I kiss the top of his head and stand up straight.

"Make sure you call when you land, okay?" James asks. I nod.

"Of course." He leans down and kisses me. "I gotta go."

"I'll miss my girls."

"I'll miss my guys." I give my both men a big old hug before going to security and stepping onto the plane. Lily was fast asleep so I decided to close my eyes for a little while too. Before I know it I'm in L.A. and at Logan's front door. I ring the doorbell. "Joni!" Logan shouts as he sees me.

"Shhhhhh!" I whisper putting my finger to my lips and motioning to Lily who was asleep in her maxi così. Soon enough soft cries were being heard. I look at Logan with a face that says 'You see what you did now'.

"Sorry." He whispers. Oh so now he's whispering. I playfully roll my eyes and enter the house.

"Where's Chloë?" I ask taking Lily out of her maxi cosi, trying to comfort her.

"Um, yeah, about her..." He nervously scratched the back of his neck. "We-we broke up."

"Aww, I'm so sorry."

"Turns out we we'ren't meant to be." He shrugs.

"You'll find your one true love. I promise."

"I'm not planning on being forever alone." He slightly laughs. A sillence fell upon us as Lily finally stopped crying. "Come on, I'll show you your room." He wraps an arm around me and leads me upstairs. Same old Logan. "Here it is." He says while opening a door.

"Thanks." I slightly smile. I let out a sigh and sit down on the bed.

"What's wrong?" Logan asks, sitting next to me. I sigh again.

"I just feel so bad about all of this. I've never lied to James before."

"Then why did you?" Thanks for making me feel worse Logan.

"Because I knew, He wouldn't have let me go if he knew the real reason." Logan nods in understanding.

"When are you going?"

"Tomorrow." He nods once again.

"Why don't you and little princess get some rest while I make dinner."

"Okay, thanks." I lay Lily down in the travelbed I brought and plop down on my bed. I take out my cellphone and dial James' number. I hear him pick up and whisper 'say hi', which makes me smile.

"Hello?" I hear an unsure voice ask.

"Hey Nicholas."

"MOMMY!" He screams, making me giggle.

"How are you sweetheart? Having fun with daddy and Fox?"

"Yes. I miss you though."

"Aww, I miss you too baby. Could you give the phone to daddy please."

"Bye mommy."

"Bye sweetheart."

"Hey." His voice makes me smile.

"Hi."

"How are you and Lily?"

"I'm good and Lily is sleeping."

"Where are you staying?"

"Logan's."

"Oh." He says rather sad.

"Sorry."

"Oh no, it's okay. I get it. He's your best friend since high school."

"You sure?"

"Yeah." He sighs softly. "I miss you boo!" He whines. I giggle.

"I miss you too baby." I hear him sigh and I can already imagine the adorable pouting face he is making. "I'm gonna see if Logan needs me in the kitchen. I'll call you as soon as I can. I love you."

"I love you too babe." I hang up and look into Lily's bed seeing she's asleep in the most cutest way. I smile and make my way downstairs and to the kitchen.

"Hey, you need some help?"

"I thought I told you to rest."

"I'm not sleepy."

"Fine, you can um, chop some carrots."

"Hey Logan." He turns his body towards me and I wrap my arms around him. "Thank you so much."

"For letting you chop some carrots?"

"For everything."

"You're welcome sweetheart." He holds me thighter.